• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

download font package

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received a message stating that " a font package is required to open this document". The font package it refers to is and Asian font package. We do not need this package. We are trying to open a pdf file scanned on an Epson printer with Quickbooks documents. It only happens on our Windows 8 laptop. Please help. The nature of our business depends on it.

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Hi milopearson@sbcglobal.net

Download the font pack using this link Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous).

Let me know if it fixes your issue,

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi milopearson@sbcglobal.net‌,

Please let me know the exact dot version of Reader & operating system installed on your computer?

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe reader says it is version 15.009.2007.

OS is Windows 8.

This is only with Scanned items from Quickbooks forwarded from my wifes PC. If I forward her emails on to others, they can open the attachments so it is only my laptop with the problem.

thank you for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Download & install the first two files from this link ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/AcrobatDC/1500920077/

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded what the system will allow. I continuously get the following error message….

“The upgrade patch cannot be installed by Windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the update patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.”

All I know is that my Adobe is the most current version.

I don’t know which patch is needed, but I have tried to update all of them on your link…now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Reader DC, navigate to Help menu & check for the updates. Install the latest updates.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All updates were installed before contacting you. I just double checked and it still applies. Now our other laptop (Dell Windows VISTA)is requesting the Japanese download to open these Epson scans. Same problem, 2 different OS versions and both are completely up to date. We even have the paid version on the laptop with the Windows 8 OS.

Now what? Even when we tried to download the Asian versions, it wouldn’t help.

BTW, when we forward these as attachments to our clients, they are able to open. We cannot open them to review before sending or when sending to each other because both systems are experiencing the same problem.

Milo and Gale Pearson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the font pack using this link Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows : Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Font Pack (Continuous).

Let me know if it fixes your issue,

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked but the link provided does not allow me to click on “correct” nor take any other action.

Thank you so much for your perseverance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi milopearson@sbcglobal.net‌,

You're welcome!

I am glad that your issue is resolved.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also worked for me - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines