Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Adobe Reader 2017 Classic

Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page has multiple downloads for

For the 2017 classic there is a base application as well as five patches ".msp"

Is there a single msi/exe i can download for the installation?

Also this page has a download for Acrobat DC Classic. The file name is 2015 but " May 9, 2017"

Download Acrobat DC Classic

What is the difference?

Is reader DC and reader different products? Is DC only available in 2015?

Can someone please try to explain?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Ok, saved a lot of explanation.

DC is sometimes "everything since 2015" and sometimes it means just the continuous version. (Subscription for the paid software). You will see it used in either way.

To understand 2015 and 2017 look at the commercial software. 2015 was a paid for release of Acrobat (first called "12"!) It had updates but no new features. Later there was 2017 to catch up with some of the new features added for subscribers. Although Reader is free, it has essentially the same releas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of complexity here. First, do you understand the difference between classic and continuous tracks and when to use them with Reader?

Are you going install the software in a company for others to use? Do you have a redistribution license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i do. Enterprise install, have license to my knowledge.

Classic i need to maintain and upgrade myself.

So what are the differences between DC and classic and 2015 and 2017?

Is the full version for 17.011.30070 available as an msi or exe and not an msp?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, saved a lot of explanation.

DC is sometimes "everything since 2015" and sometimes it means just the continuous version. (Subscription for the paid software). You will see it used in either way.

To understand 2015 and 2017 look at the commercial software. 2015 was a paid for release of Acrobat (first called "12"!) It had updates but no new features. Later there was 2017 to catch up with some of the new features added for subscribers. Although Reader is free, it has essentially the same release structure as the paid software.

So... for Reader it 2017 was a bunch of new features. It continues with bug fix updates. This would be your starting position today: only someone who chose to freeze on an old version would use 2015. Most full releases are only EXE files. The Enterprise Deployment Guide talks about getting an MSI from that. You can expect to need to use an MSP to the latest version, and of course the whole point of the Classic track is that you choose when to install updates i.e. MSPs. Since they have critical security updates you'll want a deployment system for them.

Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for great information.

So the only question that i think i still have is getting installer for 2017 "17.011.30070"

I dont want to install an exe and then 5 msp's.

Is there an exe available for 30070" as a stand alone?

Thank you,.1.png

Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Acrobat 10, all MSPs are cumulative. You only have to apply the latest, not all those in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think i am ready for testing.

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines