• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message - "Found a higher version" iMac 10.13.6

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader on my iMac (free version). When I go through the on screen steps, I get error message during the "running package scripts" while downloading saying "found a higher version of Adobe Acrobat Reader in the installations location. Installation will terminate".

Then it says, "the installation failed. The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance"

I have looked and deleted any other versions from the downloads and applications folder on the Mac but I still am getting the error message.

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This normally happens because of leftover entries for adobe acrobat products. I am sending you a file in the direct message. Please download and run the file.

It will find and delete the entires.

Restart the computer and try the installation again.

Regards,

Chirag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send me the file. I had the same problem installing adobe acrobat reader DC.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Chirag,

I have the same problem. Could you please send me the same file. 

I have tried the solutions offered on other posts with no success. This includes the AcroCleaner, (no file found), removing adobe files from Library, rebooting, reinstalling, all without success. 

Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines