• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player in Adobe Acrobat Reader

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been recently trying to load a multimedia file within a pdf. However when I open my file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, I get this notification saying "To view the Flash technology content in this PDF file, please install the required version of Flash Player"

So I went to install the latest version Adobe Flash Player 26 however I still keep getting the same notification. My friends who are using older versions of flash player are able to load the file while i'm unable to load it. Is there any way to resolve this issue or is there something else which needs to be configured?

P.S. I've tried this on both Windows 8 and Mac and both give me the same result as well.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Please download and install "FP 26 for Firefox - NPAPI" from  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/  and relaunch Adobe Reader/Acrobat. It should fix the flash player issue. (Note: This Flash installer needs to be installed for flash content rendering in Adobe Reader/ Acrobat, irrespective of browser present at the system)

Please let us know, if you are still seeing the issue.

Thanks,

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press "Learn more".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same exact problem. Clicking "learn more" only takes you to the installer page for flash player to install the same software which is already installed but not acting as though it is being recognized.

I've tried restarting the PC, re-downloading the offending PDF document, and nothing is working. I have the standard version of adobe acrobat DC installed. It's acting as though acrobat DC is not recognizing that adobe flash player 32-bit is installed. My computer is 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the exact page the learn more button redirects towards.

Once again, Installing that flash player software does nothing to resolve the problem as I originally outlined and as the original poster outlined as well. Once the installation successfully completes, you're still unable to play flash videos existing within a PDF. To add insult to injury, the learn more button still shows at the top of the PDF document, and the endless cycle continues. It's as if the PDF does not recognize that flash player is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me with version 2017.012.20095 of Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Flash Player version 26.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are three different installers for Flash Player. Only one will work. Pick the right one, DO NOT let your browser choose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues. I have 2017.012.20095 of Acrobat Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC and now trying to find the right Flash player download link. Anyone have a link to the correct version out there? Mac version please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, this is the only link for Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Found it in that page. Had to go to the download for a different computer dropdown. It's the install flash player one. And not the flash player pepper one. Embedded videos in PDF now run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the flash player for windows 10 compatible for chrome. The other options are for mac, opera, and firefox - none of which I have installed. After installing the flash player, the pdf still does not play the embedded video file within the PDF document. I've also tried opening the PDF with chrome to see whether it was isolated to just the browser, but chrome fails to load the video within the PDF as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download and install "FP 26 for Firefox - NPAPI" from  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/  and relaunch Adobe Reader/Acrobat. It should fix the flash player issue. (Note: This Flash installer needs to be installed for flash content rendering in Adobe Reader/ Acrobat, irrespective of browser present at the system)

Please let us know, if you are still seeing the issue.

Thanks,

Sumita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm encountering this problem as well, and the link provided will only let me download FP 27, so I can't get it to work. This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be fine. You MUST use the NPAPI version, the browser you have is not relevant. All the problems above seem to come from worrying about the browser 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NPAPI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. In my case "FP 27 for Firefox - NPAPI" was the version that was available. I installed it and it fixed the problem.

This information could be more helpful if it was linked in the "Learn More" button in Adobe Pro / Adobe Reader. That "Learn more" just took me around in circles, but your instructions were very helpful.

Regards,

Herberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

err windows 10 has the latest version of shitty flash so why does it need to download another flash player? please explain this in detail!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've installed the NPAPI version of Flash (not just downloaded it)? Ok, what exactly happens when viewing a PDF? Please be detailed, it could be a different problem, since using the right version fixes it for everyone else I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, it's installed. I even tried uninstalling it then reinstalling it. The other people were able to fix it with the FP 26, not 27, but the only download options for my mac are FP 27. I'm getting the same error message when I try to embed a multimedia file into the pdf, when I click on the "Learn more" button, it takes me to the download page for Flash Player. The option to download FP 26 is not there, and I even tried searching for the older version online. Despite installing FP 27 the error message stays there and it won't load the file, so its just a box but the media inside won't show or play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm. I wonder if anyone else has this combination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three different interfaces defined by Microsoft, Google, Firefox. do three different Flash players.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google, and firefox are not installed so why do i need to install a version when no other interface is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Reader uses the interface made for Firefox. We don’t have to like it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so much logic in that..

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway it will all be over soon. Flash will be Gone. A pity countless millions of PDFs will no longer work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines