• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with error: "Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to:"

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Adobe Acrobat DC Pro and Adobe Reader DC installed on my laptop. It is necessary because I am slowly learning that what works in the one does not always work in the other, especially when developing forms and interactive PDF's.

At the moment, the error message: "Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to:" is driving me nuts. I build a a document sveral times a month with hyperlinks to servers on our local network. The hyperlinks work perfectly in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, but not in Adobe Reader DC. I have checked the "Preferences" settings, and they are identical.

Foxit Reader and Nuance PowerPDF also allow the hyperlinks to work perfectly. Any advice or solutions would be appreciated. I need the hyperlinks to work, and if Adobe Reader doesn't do it then I must recommend that my organisation switch to a different solution.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above, you are getting the error 'Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to' while opening the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Would you mind sharing some more details for a better understanding:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Hello Team, I've faced the same ERROR. Here you go Edit > Preferences > Trust Manager > Click on Change Settings, Over there you can see the Web sites that are blocked, Just remove the blocked ones

Thanks

Prasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described above, you are getting the error 'Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to' while opening the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Would you mind sharing some more details for a better understanding:

Make sure you have the latest version 19.21.20049 of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For more details you may please refer to the link- https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

For testing purpose, please try to turn off the protected view. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Turn Off the protected view and Uncheck the Enhanced security > Click OK and restart the application and check.

Note: Please turn On the security after testing, irrespective of the result as it may cause security risks.

If it works, please refer to the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/protected-mode-troubleshooting-reader.html)

You may also try the steps provided in the help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/allow-or-block-links-internet.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. It seems that soething was preventing Adobe Acrobat from updating. Once I forced a manual update, the issue was corrected, so the problem was an outdated version of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are glad to hear that the issue got resolved.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried all the above preference options, as well as whitlisting in the appropriate areas within the preferences, and have the latest Adobe Reader version (2023.006.20380 (64-bit), continuous update) but have the same issue with a custom-type URL.

Other PDF readers prompt the user asking them if they want to open the URL, however no option within Adobe seems to allow this.

Is this something deliberate within Adobe now, or is that something that might be fixed?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What happens when you try to open the hyperlinks in Acrobat Reader? Do you get any error message? If yes please share the screenshot of the same for more clarity.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

You may also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amal,

I reset the Acrobat preferences using the 'Manual' method from that link, tried again and get the below error:

-----------------
Security Block
Adobe Acrobat does not allow connection to:
<URL> 

-----------------

Dougal33921247jo97_0-1702600559333.png

I then closed Adobe, ran the 'repair' option and tried again and had the same error.

Regards,
Dougal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team, I've faced the same ERROR. Here you go Edit > Preferences > Trust Manager > Click on Change Settings, Over there you can see the Web sites that are blocked, Just remove the blocked ones

Thanks

Prasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as mentioned I have tried all the above preference options, as well as whitelisting in the appropriate areas within the preferences e.g. 'allow PDF files to access all web sites' and 'custom setting' with whitelisted URLs etc, and there are no blocked websites listed. As mentioned, this is not a website per se but a custom URL (see my screenshot above).

The issue with a custom-type URL remains, and does not occur with other PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you started experiencing this issue recently? What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20533 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue.  I have tried all the preference change suggestions, even added the URL to "Always allow" and it still gives me the "does not allow connection" message.  My client is mad because these links used to work and now they don't. I am using version 2023.008.20555, on a Mac.  There are no updates available so I asssume this is the most recent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  , Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, version is 2023.006.20380 (64-bit, continuous update).
I have done the updates and rebooted the computer.
Have not done a repair however did do an install of the latest version.
I believe this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this is easily reproducible with the details I have provided above. My customer reported the issue to me, and I then reproduced it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Team, 

I was able to reproduce the problem - PFA. I can confirm there are no problem with the URL or custom settings, but still seeing the problem. Based on this I was able to extract some insights, we're not pointing the app or protocol to make this hyperlink to connect to our system.

Could someone tell me what will open when we click edrm://id:A1255825 any app will open or it'll redirect to browser (search engine)

Prasanth_IRPA_Dev_0-1710511117800.png

Thanks

Prasanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried the steps provided in the correct answer below: go Edit > Preferences > Trust Manager > Click on Change Settings, Over there you can see the Web sites that are blocked, Just remove the blocked ones and seeif that works.

For testing purpose, you may turn off the security settings. Go to Preferences (Ctrl,Cmd+K) > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' > Click OK and reboot the application.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines