• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop comment pop ups from opening when I highlight a test?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. This is really annoying. I need to stop the comment pop-ups from opening whenever I highlight a text. It's rare that I put in comments as is. I've tried everything including changing my preferences like the site says to do and still have the same problem.

This is my preferences pane. It's always been in these settings. And the Automatically open comments pop-ups for comments other than notes has never been selected. It only started happening after the last upgrade. Acrobat had never done this before. I usually had to double click on the highlight to open the pop-up if I wanted to add a comment. Most of the time I just need to highlight so this is really annoying and I need it gone.

Untitled.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Hello BellaKara,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and for the delayed response, the issue has been addressed with the latest patch release of Acrobat/Reader 19.010.20064, please install the latest patch from help>check for updates in Adobe Reader or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine and check.

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BellaKara,

We apologize for the delay in response to your query.

This feature has been recently introduced with the latest version. It's  design behavior of the application which can not be changed via preferences.

Disabling this feature might be considered in upcoming release. For now you may fill this feature request form- Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello BellaKara,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and for the delayed response, the issue has been addressed with the latest patch release of Acrobat/Reader 19.010.20064, please install the latest patch from help>check for updates in Adobe Reader or manually from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Reboot the machine and check.

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the above user, this feature is extremely irritating. It slows the whole PC down when, for example, highlighting text in Adobe to cut and paste into another application like Excel, and then switching to Excel and having to twiddle your thumbs while the computer processes the switch from Adobe to Excel, something which NEVER used to happen. Please remove this pointless feature ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines