• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you delete a text box without deleting the text?

Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am finished and need to delete my text box, I click on it and the text disappears too, don't tell me I can

t delete just the box, all that work.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

What you want to do is remove the border (stroke) around the frame. Right-click the frame and choose Properties and set the Stoke to transparent.

Which tool did you use to create the frame? Some of them don't have strokes to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by deleting the box? Is there a visible box around text you have added? What exact tool did you use to add the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You bet there is a visible box around my text, and as I click on it, the content disappears too. I doubled click inside the box to type and it shows the typing cursor, no tool. Hopefully I won't have to send my letter in a box.

BOX.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You typed a letter in Acrobat? Why not Word?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I needed to open my letterhead - has a nice logo, anyway, I am still desperate, anybody can help me to remove the box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you want to do is remove the border (stroke) around the frame. Right-click the frame and choose Properties and set the Stoke to transparent.

Which tool did you use to create the frame? Some of them don't have strokes to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved me more grief, box gone, it was in Style, no border.

Tool used was Add text box, thank you again!

STYLE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also notice the checkbox that says “Make Properties Default”.

When you right-click a comment and check this, it will set the properties for that tool until you do it again on a different comment. If you never want your future Text Boxes to have a Border, you can right-click the one you just formatted and choose this option.

Best,

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines