Highlighted

How to increase the mouse-wheel scroll speed

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I increase the mouse wheel vertical scrolling speed in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? Mouse wheel activated vertical scrolling speed for all of my other Window 10 desktop programs is sufficiently fast. But Acrobat Reader DC is rather slow. And consequently it takes a lot of extra spinning of the mouse wheel to scroll vertically. For this reason alone, I strongly prefer using Microsoft Edge as my default PDF reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to increase the mouse-wheel scroll speed

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I increase the mouse wheel vertical scrolling speed in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC? Mouse wheel activated vertical scrolling speed for all of my other Window 10 desktop programs is sufficiently fast. But Acrobat Reader DC is rather slow. And consequently it takes a lot of extra spinning of the mouse wheel to scroll vertically. For this reason alone, I strongly prefer using Microsoft Edge as my default PDF reader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Calvindale,

There aren't any specific settings in Adobe Reader to increase the mouse wheel scroll speed. You may update the mouse scrolling rate from View>Page Display>Single Page Continuous.

What is the version of Acrobat installed? To identify, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Are you experiencing this with one specific PDF or with all the PDF files?

We're here to help. just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running both

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Continuous Release | Version 2019.010.20069

and

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release | Version 2019.010.20091

on a Windows 10 (Version 1803, OS Build 17134.590) Surface Book Pro 2 attached to dual 4K 28" monitors via the Surface Dock.

Single Page Continuous is not listed an option in either program on my system. I do have the Enable Scrolling option checked.

I experience insufficiently sensitive mouse-wheel vertical scrolling with all PDF files in either Acrobat program. By contrast, mouse-wheel sensitivity is sufficient (about right) for PDFs in either the Chrome or Edge web browser. It's a little better (slightly faster) in Edge than in Chrome. But Acrobat is quite slow and consequently frustrating to use.

It's too bad there's not an option to speed it up a bit.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a postscript, I just tried it on my laptop without the external monitors attached (i.e, un-docked). There was no discernible difference in the responsiveness of the vertical scrolling distance relative to mouse-wheel rolling angle. It seems about the same which is far too insensitive for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That improved the scroll speed significantly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Es inexplicable que todavía, en 2019, Adobe no haya dado una solución a una queja que viene DE AÑOS!. Si uno busca en Google acerca de este problema, encuentra que hay preguntas abiertas que datan del 2013 o anterior manifestando este inconveniente.

¿Tan difícil es para Adobe poner una configuración que permita regular el desplazamiento de páginas usando el scroll?

NO alcanza con "desplazamiento de páginas continuo". Ni tampoco habilitando desplazamiento. Porque ni bien aumentas o reduces el zoom, la velocidad de desplazamiento con el scroll del mouse cambia.

Es MUY FÁCIL, ADOBE. PONGAN UNA CONFIGURACIÓN QUE SEA TAN SENCILLO COMO ESTO:

"Mouse: Desplazamiento de líneas> 1;2;3;4;5;etc."

o algo así:

"Mouse: Sensibilidad de desplazamiento> 10%; 20%; 30%; 40%; 50%;etc.".

Es muy fácil y terminarían con AÑOS de una dificultad tan, aparentemente, insignificante pero que para nosotros, los usuarios, es de importancia para la comodidad a la hora de leer pdf de muchas hojas.

Ojalá recapaciten sobre esto. Es sencillo. Y mucha gente lo pide.

Saludos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was frustrated with the same issue but it is fixable:

The scroll speed is controlled by the global OS setting for your input device (mouse, touchpad, touchscreen).

It seems to not work, but it does:  You have to restart Acrobat (at least in Windows) in order for the change to take effect.

Interestingly, Chrome does not need to be restarted for this type of change to take effect.

Sorry that Adobe support could not answer this question for you before.  That is a sad state of affairs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way to solve this is to go in windows 10 mouse options: in german on my machine it is mauseinstellungen. Then you will see a scroll bar to set the speed of the scrolling. I set it to 15 I found this optimal for my machine. I tested various speeds and found it to work. It is this way that you change it. 

Windows-10-Mouse-Number-Of-Lines-To-Scroll-Settings-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear rajivs85, 

Thank you for your recommendation! Unfortunately, this is not a good solution because it creates another problem: When switching between programs, one must either tolerate poorly scrolling calibration on other open programs or recalibrate the scroll-rate each time they transition from Adobe Reader to something else. Personally, I was already aware of how to change the scroll settings on my mouse; however, what is required for a proper solution is the ability to customize the scroll-rate WITHIN the application. Hopefully, Adobe responds to this issue!

With respect,

D

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.009.20063) on a Windows OS. Here is what worked for me:

1). Preferences (Ctrl + k) > Page Display > Page Layout (Dropdown Menu) > Single Page Continuous

2). View > Page Display > Enable Scrolling

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dustinthewind27.  This has been frustrating me and I finally searched for an answer and your solution worked.  Thank you again.

Barbara

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We see that this has been an ongoing issue and long-tailed.

We have tried to replicate this issue on our end. However, the issue cannot be reproduced in-house. That is why we need a few details for further investigation on this. It would be helpful if you can share the following information:

- Please share any sample PDF on which the issue can be reproduced.

- If possible, share the screen recording of the issue occurring on your end.

- Application (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html) and OS version used on the machine.

- If you are using the Windows machine, please collect the Process Monitor logs. Download the Process monitor tool from this link: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatmonitor.html on your machine and run it. Then reproduce the issue and save the logs. Share the logs with us.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe you.  Typical old school tech support.

It is simple.

1) you set up your Windows 10 OS mouse settings so they work nicely in pretty much every windows application you run

2) you open Adobe reader and try to scroll with the mouse wheel in ANY and ALL PDF documents and find the scroll speed is intolerably slow

3) you look on the forum and find that:

a) there are no settings in the Adobe reader to speed up mouse scrolling

b)  that Adobe Tech Support can't "reproduce the problem"

c) Adobe wants YOU to spend hours run debugging software and making videos of it to send to them (a thing that Tech Support knows that literally no one will do)

4)  you open a PDF in Chrome and zoom it to fit the screen width and find it takes 12 scroll wheel  clicks to scroll one page 

5)  you open the same PDF in Adobe Reader and zoom it to fit screen width and find it takes 32 scroll wheel clicks to scroll one page

6) you post the results here not expecting ANY help or changes to the program, because tech support and the programming team don't communicate directly, and the project manager doesn't see what the big deal is because support never reports it to anyone because they "can't reproduce it"

7)  Adobe wonders why less and less people use their bloated reader that doesn't provide core functionality like being abke to scrool through a document at a reasonable speed.

DID THAT HELP EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on at least since Acrobat XI. This is not a new issue. I've come to these forums every few months for YEARS to see if you've finally come to a solution with it. It is exclusively an Adobe issue. Stop being obtuse.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC