• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to prevent PDF opening in Safari (OS X)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I seek help in you expertise:

I'm using PDFs to "navigate" through Documents stored on Computers, using Hyperlinks. Some PDF are refering to other PDF, themself refering to further documents.

All links (and this is important for the issue description after) need to be created "relative" to the document Position (.\..\Folder\document.pdf) and not "absolute" (D:\Folder\document.pdf)

On Windows Computer, using Adobe Reader (even free Version), i don't have any Problem. From PDF N°1, I can clic on a Link to go on, let's say PDF N°2 and further on...

On OS X-Computer though, if on PDF N°1 I have a link to PDF N°2, this PDF will be opened in Safari with Adresse file:\\xxxx.etc, And here is the issue, if on PDF N°2 I have an Hyperlink to a document (Relative Position, remember), it will not be found.

And here the Question: How can I Prevent OS X (Or whatever force here) to open my PDF in safary? I want them opened as a new tab (or even window) in Adobe Reader.

I hope my issue is clear, otherwise please don't hesitate to ask for more Details. In Advance, many thanks for your support!

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?