How to stop/disable Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt when opening pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am seeing for multiple users that have latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that every time when trying to open a pdf file the Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt pops up, please let me know if there is any option to not get this sign in prompt or is this a mandatory feature to be able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

the environment is mix of Windows 7, Windows 10 and few Macs High Sierra and Mojave  The Adobe sign in prompt is only coming up for few folks, the others like myself can open pdf file without being prompted to sign in

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018
Hello Furqangraham,Adobe Reader does not ask for a force sign-in to read PDF files. However we recently signed-out users with un-verified Adobe IDs.For such users, we show a sign-in prompt when they launch the application, to let them know that they have been signed out and they can sign back again. This is not a force sign-in. The red-cross button on the top-left should make the sign-in dialog go away.Ask the users to download the latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20074 from help>check fo...

translate

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should anyone be required to have a "plan"? Adobe has essentially inserted itself right into the middle of business and private activities by demanding a "sign in" to read a pdf document. This should be illegal and will probably be challenged in court if they do not fix this issue. Sign-in should not be required, period when simply viewing a document. We've asked ALL of our suppliers to abandon the use of Adobe and pdf creation for this reason (everyone is switching to Word now). No sign in required - as it should be.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'D LIKE TO BE KIND AND REPSECTFUL BUT THIS IS A FORCED SIGN IN AND A PAIN IN THE NECK TIME SUCK!!!  MY RED CLOSE BUTTON IS DISABLED AND DOESN'T WORK.  I'M BUSY AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO RABBIT HOLE THIS CRAP!!! FIX IT, ADOBE!!! OR IS THIS HOW ADOBE TROLLS OUR FILES!!!!!!!!!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe screwed the pooch with this one. This IS a "forced sign in" and you cannot get out of that stupid login window it demands credentials for. You cannot close the window or even close Adobe Reader unless you do a forced program shutdown (Mac computer).  Nor can you view the .pdf file without that stupid sign-in window blocking the viewing. I suggest everyone abandon Adobe after this disaster. Requiring login credentials to see a private .pdf file is beyond stupid - its extremely intrusive, highly irritating and now makes Adobe Reader absolutely useless.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely is forced sign in. Adobe Reader is acting like ransomware. Appalling. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the exact same issue and I don't know what to do. this is getting irritating 

i don't want to sign in as first of all I  don't wanna have my data and files getting stored or shared on cloud and I generally don't sign into stuff so pls can anyone tell me a way to avoid this problem.

btw it asks me to sign in now not sign in so whenever is try to close that window the software closes as well.

i really wanna access my files while still being able to work so any advice would be appreciated 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having exactly the same issue and this is forced sign-in. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel for this issue or all of us are pouring into Adobe's black hole?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely infuriating. EVERY SINGLE TIME I try and open a pdf I get nagged to sign in. If I sign in, it's immediately forgotten by the next pdf I open so have to do it all again. Yes I know I can click the box to close the window, but having to do it repeatedly is a gigantic PITA. There's no reason anyone should have to sign in to simply look at a pdf, makes the application unusable. I'll probably switch to Foxit or Sumatra until Adobe wake up and kill this ridiculous nag screen

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same problem, here's what I did and it's very easy.  For some reason, the default for opening PDFs changed on my computer.  It was defaulted to Adobe Acrobat DC and it should be Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.  An easy way to check is to right click the file you want to open, put your cursor over "open with" and then click on "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC".  Hopefully that works, if it does, you just need to change the default on you computer.  If you don't know how to do that, you could Google it, or I could tell you how I did it.  I'm no expert, BTW.  Good luck!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines