• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Layers in Acrobat Viewer DC

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file which is a contract, so it has been edited by multiple parties prior to my receiving it.  It has both physical signatures and digital signatures.

If I open the file in Adobe Acrobat (reader and full pro version) I can't see the physical signature, just the digital.  If I view in Chrome I see all the signatures.

I am guessing it is an issue with the layers not all being displayed,  but I tried going to >View > Show Hide > Navigation Pane and toggling layers on and off; toggling signatures on and off, etc, to no avail.

I have attempted on multiple PC's and multiple versions of Acrobat.  Since this is a shared document I need it to defaust to the correct display.

I'm not sure if this is related, but when the document is opened it attempts to auto print itself.

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , Security digital signatures and esignatures , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think this has anything to do with layers. Those signatures are most likely annotations ("comments") added by some other application, which maybe didn't do a very good job of adding them. You can try exporting the comment data to an FDF file and then import it back it, or flatten the file, or even "re-fry" it by printing it to the virtual PDF printer (Windows only), to create a new, and hopefully fixed, version of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines