• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help to listen to the audio track in Mac computer

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf file with audio tracks embeded in it but do not know how to listen to it on a Mac computer. is it possible to do so?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app is open when you try to play the audio track? You can see the name of the app on the menu bar, next to the Apple icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a message stating "Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound.", still while in the Adobe Reader app. â€‹Please see the attached screenshots. QuickTime comes pre-installed on MacOS and should handle mp3 sounds that are embedded in the PDF. I also have VLC Player installed as well, which should also play most sound formats. 

sshot-012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hochoi

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. As described above, you are getting the error: Cannot find an appropriate player for the sound.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed? To check the version please use the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

Make sure that you have the latest version 19.21.20061  installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates. For detailed information please use the link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

We need some more information for a better understanding:

• Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file with Audio embedded or with any PDF file with Audio?
  • Are you the author of the PDF file or have you got the file from another user?
  • What is the format of the Audio file embedded in the PDF?
  • Could you please share the file with us for testing via private message? Please click on the message icon on the top right corner to start the private message.

We are here for help, just need more information

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue and still haven't figured out a solution.  I uninstalled Flash player, so try it, steps are in this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html#OS_X_10_4_and_later 

Maybe it will work for you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines