• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening another pdf in new window

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is there any option to set to opening another pdf document (1 is opened and i opening another one) in new window instead of opening in new tab in same window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Oh, I misunderstood, thanks for clarifying! I think you mean you want to get rid of the tabbed interface and have the documents open in windows. If so, go to Preferences > General > and uncheck Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires restart).

Preferences is in the Edit menu if you are on Windows.

Is this what you are asking?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window menu > New Window, followed by Window > Tile if you want to see the windows side-by-side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering, but i want permanent solution for opening new pdf in new window, when one is opened in another window. It's boring to always move opened document from tab to window. And if i'll want to see windows side by side i can move windows it to borders of my screen (in windows os), that isn't problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I misunderstood, thanks for clarifying! I think you mean you want to get rid of the tabbed interface and have the documents open in windows. If so, go to Preferences > General > and uncheck Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires restart).

Preferences is in the Edit menu if you are on Windows.

Is this what you are asking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you very much, i had to be blind when i was looking in preferences. So problem is solved now thank you. P.S. My english isn't perfect, so sorry if i made mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, no problem, and you're welcome—I'm glad you asked again!

This is the way Acrobat used to work before Adobe moved to the tabbed interface that other Adobe programs have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking to do this operation in Adobe Reader XI. The option "Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires restart)" is not visible in preferences > general.

Is this not supported in XI, or moved to another menu?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is not available in this old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use ctrl F6. I found no other option in reader xi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option is no longer available in newer versions of Adobe? What the hell?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Acrobat 2023 ("New Acrobat") needs the option to open each document in a new window.

This should be possible without disabling New Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines