Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pop-up when highlighting text

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When i select text in Acrobat Reader DC i get a black pop-up with options to highlight, strike-through, underline, or copy text.

How do I turn that off?

Thanks

Message was edited by: Moderator (Discussion successfully moved from Forum comments to Acrobat Reader)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Hi All,

Hi All,

We have released an update today for Adobe Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC in which you can hide the toolbar using a newly added preference. By default, the toolbar is enabled. Check the screenshot below:

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

You may refer to the following link to check the late

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Tim,

This is the new feature we have introduced in Acrobat. Whenever we select the text we get the Floating toolbar with some commenting actions as described by you. This is for the ease of using these options as otherwise we have goto tool mode to use these options. Could you please tell whats the problem you are facing using these tools ?, so that I can help you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arpit,

The floating toolbar gets in the way. How do I turn it off?

-Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to be able to turn this "feature" off as well...

I highlight/select text to copy it to pasteboard and use it in another app. I don't want this annoying pop-up.

Or it floats on top of text I want to read and is pretty annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to disable this as well.  I'm going through 75 pdf pages from a vendor that I've converted from scan to text.  I cannot bulk copy the data into a spreadsheet because the formatting doesn't translate properly and it's actually faster if I copy and paste each cell individually.

Every time I make a selection, this black pop up shows up that gives me options to highlight, underline, strikethrough, and copy my selection... none of which I use.  I copy with CTRL+C because it's far faster than using the mouse.  I need to disable this popup.  How can I do this??  It's in the way and covers up data other than my selection that I need to reference when making my copies.  It's slowing me down a lot and I've got 75 pages to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

We are working on solution for this in upcoming release. Will update you on with the details once finalized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over 2 months. When can we expect the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hi All,

We have released an update today for Adobe Acrobat 2015, Acrobat 2017 and Acrobat DC in which you can hide the toolbar using a newly added preference. By default, the toolbar is enabled. Check the screenshot below:

This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

You may refer to the following link to check the latest versions available. Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

For more details on the new update, please refer to the following help document What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has been over a year, I have the latest updates for Acrobat 2017 and "Show quick selection on text selection" does not appear as a option (General > Basic Tools). I agree that some of the popups need to be turned off and not only find them annoying, but in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines