• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Delete recent files and not save them

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using adobe reader.  I would like to know how to clear the recent history under the "my computer" tab.   I am able to clear the regular recent history by accessing the preferences, but not the "my computer" recent history.  I am working on a public computer, and this is a problem.  I can go to edit, preferences, documents, and change the documents in recently used list from "100" days to "0" days and that removes history for the "recent files" folder/tab.  Howver, all those same files are still available/shown under the "my computer" tab/folder.  I contacted Adobe support regarding this issue and was told to use the "registry edit" and navigate to "hkey_current_user/software/adobe and delete the key related to the adobe reader. I did this.  It only removed one of the 2 files in which I needed removed.  The other file is still there.  Does anyone have a solution for this flaw in the software?  I was told to post my query on Adobes community forum and wait a couple days.  This is no solution, and in my opinion this is a terrible design flaw in the software.  It should not be this difficult to remove history.  My files are unsecure and able to be accessed in the meantime while I wait for a solution.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Acrobat Reader.]

Please see correct answer below for details on clearing the recent files list in Acrobat Reader DC.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/now-remove-clear-recent-files-in-adobe-acrobat-reader-dc/td-p/11257992?page=1

Post back if still have questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really doesn't belong in a Dreamweaver thread, but I'll give you a fix.

Any file saved on a public computer is, essentially, a public file. If you're not going to add security to the file directly, and you don't want someone to access your file via the "recent files" list, simply move the file to a different location at the OS level (browse to the file outside of Acrobat and move it) or store it on a thumb drive you only attach to the system while editing. 

If someone were inclined to click the file name from the recent files list in Acrobat, it will tell them the file has been moved or deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Dreamweaver to Acrobat Reader.]

Please see correct answer below for details on clearing the recent files list in Acrobat Reader DC.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/now-remove-clear-recent-files-in-adobe-acrobat-reader-...

Post back if still have questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great instructions for deleting files from "Recent", however, the remove from recent is not an option for the Agreement files that show up on the Recent folder.  These are old files, the newest from 11/10/17, so they are not relevent and I would like to remove them from my Recent folder.  And even delete them from where they are stored as they are just taking up space and are not necessary to be retained.  What to do?  Frustrated as I have spent considerable time trying to figure this out.  Shouln't be that difficult to control what is in my Recent folder.  Thank you.  Not sure how to access your reply if I get one.  Perhaps an email will come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JDP question,

Simply use your computer operating system's file manager (aka Win File Explorer or Mac Finder) to search for files on your hard drive and move or delete them as desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply but the agreement files are not on my computer.  Perhaps they are in the Adobe Cloud.  Don't know and don't want to spend time trying ti figure it out.
Simply want the file references to be removed from the Recent folder.
Thanks,Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're asking about Adobe Sign Agreements, see help article below.

How to delete an agreement document from your Adobe Sign account

https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/to-delete-a-document-from-manage-Page.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem as, to delete recent file list, above.

Including the answer marked as "1 Correct Answer", all reply here are working only partially.

I confirm that I can erase the file list by using the method shown, in the

home view, but not in other views.

When Acrobat Reader DC is running, the icon is shown in task bar.  By right clicking this icon, it shows the recent files.

Also, from menu bar, by right clicking on Acrobat icon, it shows the same file list.

I use PDF file as my final form of documents to store as records.

I use PW protection since they are more like personal records, not official.

I move the file to the record folder, however, I do not want others to find the last file name.

This is the reason why I do not want Acrobat to leave the final name behind.

Please let me know how to erase file list from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put wrong question about Recent file list.

My problem posted on 2021/05/06 is not Acrobat setting, but windows 10 personal setting.

I was able to set the icon not to show recent file list with righ click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines