• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader freezing/hanging/not responding when clicking after using Read Out Loud function.

Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When ever I use the Read Out Loud function and then click on my document to highlight something for example, the document becomes unresponsive for about two minutes. This seems to only happen with large documents. After waiting it works normally unless I use read aloud again and then try clicking the document again.

I am on Windows 10 with a free version of Reader DC. I have tried reinstalling the software/resetting preferences/deleting cache and closing all other applications but saw no improvement. It is possible that this is just something that is not solvable and that I have to live with, or is it more likely there is an issue in my computer/software?

Thank you,

Pavel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Hi Moledownunder,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating behavior of the application. 

Adobe Acrobat official update (19.008.20074) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Could you please confirm the exact version of Adobe Reader DC you are working on? Open Reader>Help>About Acrobat Reader.

Since you have shared abo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moledownunder,

Sorry to hear about the frustrating behavior of the application. 

Adobe Acrobat official update (19.008.20074) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Could you please confirm the exact version of Adobe Reader DC you are working on? Open Reader>Help>About Acrobat Reader.

Since you have shared above, that uninstalling and reinstalling did not help either. Then we would suggest you to create a "Hidden Administrator" account on your windows computer and check the application behavior in that.

Similar steps application for Windows 10 as well- https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/555910/how-to-enable-the-built-in-administrator-account-in-...

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I'm having the same issue and I use it for my university studies.  Not having it be able to function has dropped my GPA  dramatically. I don't read as fast as the rest of the students in my class and I have to work twice as hard to be able to complete and keep up.  I'm 60 years old and a disabled Veteran who can see barely from 1 eye.  I have switched to a different reader that is free but many times it freezes. This is a good reader though it is NVD I think. Adobe for all the money you are receiving from us now that everything has gone to pay to play with your company you would think you could at least fix the problem to help out those of us with disabilities 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's happened to me as well, the only solution has been to stop using the pointer altogether, by selecting the hand option in the top bar (next to the pointer itself). This way, you won't be able to highlight any text, which will keep the software from crashing. Not the best solution, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines