• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending an email from Acrobat/Reader freezes Outlook 2016 64 bit

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending email from Acrobat professional/Reader freezes Outlook 2016. The only way to resolve is to close Acrobat professional/Reader or kill 64bitmapibroker.exe.

Occurs on reader version 18 or 19 as well as Acrobat DC and 17 professional.

I would appreciate an help with this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Adobe provides a solution:

Here is a documentation/solution about this issue from adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/outlook-acrobat-reader-freeze-crash.html

They are providing a regkey to fix the problem. Please let me know if the above link resolves this issue.

It works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with some of our users that use 64 bit office (They like it for large spreadsheets). Our issue seemed to pick up after upgrading to Office 365. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. My machine with 2016 32-Bit doesn't have the issue. I'll consider pulling 64-Bit if someone can chime in that it's known to cause issues.

Just an FYI, I have tested this issue with 2019 64 bit and the issue persists. I had luck yesterday running it in safe mode with all add in off. I'll continue to test to tomorrow to see if it was just a fluke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. We are running Office 2016 64bit. We switched to 64bit because of the endless issues with Outlook rendering. Anytime you try and use the adobe option to email a PDF, Outlook will hang, We are using Adobe Acrobat 2017.

If you close out of Adobe or kill the 64bitmapibroker.exe process, Outlook will start working again. If you close the 64bitmapibroker.exe process, you wont be able to use the Adobe email option again until you close out of Adobe completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're running into the same problem.  We're running Office 365 32bit version 1904 (build 11601.20144) and Adobe Reader DC 2019.010.20099.  Interestingly enough, Outlook does not hang/freeze when I send an email from Adobe Acrobat pro.  I've also updated both Office and Adobe with no improvement and tried both a quick and online repair of Office. 

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this yet?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We two are experiencing this exact same issue.  I have 1 PC right now claiming this issue although others might be in the same boat, windows 10 pro on the newest build no updates that is on the newest version of adobe reader.  Ive narrowed this down to as well when the adobe acrobat 64bitmapibroker/32bitmapibroker process is forced closed outlook will start working again.

Things i have tried that have NOT worked:

-uninstalled both adobe and office 2019 (using office 365 download)

-disabled all plugins in outlook

-tried a new outlook profile

-tried a turning off cache mode

-tried to disable security (enhanced) settings in adobe

-tried to downgrade to a previous version of adobe hoping it was a recent patch

-tried switching office 2019 to 32 bit instead of 64 bit since Office 365 has defaulted to 64 bit installations now

Things that have worked but this is NOT a solution:

-run outlook in safe mode and outlook no longer stalls

-

The interesting fact is on my windows 10 enterprise machine i am also running the newest version of Office 365 2019 with adobe reader on the newest version and i do not have this problem at all. I cant tell if its a windows 10 issue/outlook issue/ or adobe issue at the moment but all these threads seem to have been coming up the last 3 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for not posting this sooner.  What ultimately ended up working for our situation, which does sound similar to yours, was disabling "Enable Protected Mode at startup".

Edit - Preferences - Security (Enhanced) - Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup"

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, do you remember what other settings you had in the "security (enhanced)" section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've got enhanced security enabled and automatically trust sites from my win os security zones enabled as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup" doesn't work. The problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provides a solution:

Here is a documentation/solution about this issue from adobe

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/outlook-acrobat-reader-freeze-crash.html

They are providing a regkey to fix the problem. Please let me know if the above link resolves this issue.

It works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution actually did resolve the crash problem for us. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a known bug in Adobe - however this isn't exactly related to Office:

If you do happen to send an email through Adobe (which results in Outlook becoming unresponsive), terminate Adobe (either by closing it, or using Task Manager to terminate it forcefully), Outlook will become responsive again.

The bug is present in my environment, but killing Adobe after sending will bring Outlook back to life.

Definitely something I am waiting for a patch from Adobe to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update from Adobe on a fix will be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waitng for a fix for this as well. There is a thread on on this at microsoft answers as well. They are pointing to adobe. Not sure who is correct on this one, but neither have a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrived here via the Google machine.  

We're experiencing the same thing *if* we have a second COM Add-In loaded with 'Send as Attachment' functionality.  We see it specfically with NetDocuments Outlook Add-In or Accellion Kiteworks.

We're running DC 2019.012.20036 and Office MSI Install 16.0.4849.1000.

100% reproducible when 2 COM Add-in's are loaded. Common thread is Adobe DC to initiate the following workflow...

User opens Acrobat DC

Clicks the Send as File as Attachment

Leaves Acrobat DC open

User attempts to compose and send a 2nd unrelated E-mail

Outlook hangs

Exchange server handling connection does log a 9646 EventID

The second you either close Acrobat or the child process of 64BitMAPIBroker.exe, Outlook responds.

Of note, Win10 toast notifications for incomming E-mail do pop-up.  The user just can't click/manipulate Outlook.

This only occurs if one of the two aforementioned COM Add-Ins (NetDocs or Accellion) are enabled.

FWIW, we are in online mode not cached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The following thread may or may not be entirely related to this particular issue.

However, you may find additional insights for troublshooting Protected Mode, and sandboxing.

Please refer to this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/can-only-open-1-pdf-at-a-time-from-dfs-server/m-p/1088... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this issue? We cannot disable the protected mode in Acrobat Reader in our company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of fact, thank you for bringing this up.

The issue that I posted in the link above was already addressed in the last optional update for the month of August.

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/can-only-open-1-pdf-at-a-time-from-dfs-server/m-p/1135...

Protected Mode  is now turned off by default during startup. This may not be the answer that you are expecting, and it may not address the topic in this thread but it is good to know.

If you've already  applied the latest version update in your machines, and enabling Protected Mode breaks the integration with MS Outlook, I would say to ask the same question in the Micrososft support forums. 

Maybe there's a way to work around between the Adobe PDF add-on for MS Office (Outlook) ,and Adobe Acrobat's integration with the IE 11 web browser . That said , would it be help in any way if you update the Visual Studio C++ and .Net Framework redistributables for your MS Windows build(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines