• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble printing a car registration

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf of my car registration just issued to me by the state of Pennsylvania.  It will not print.  It has lots of printed printing and big QR code. It is entirely protected from editing (for obvious reasons).  When I try to print it, I just get the QR code and NOTHING else.  I tried a test printing page from the same site, and it also did not print anything; it all seems protected from editing and printing.

Thanks,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

If it was protected and printing was not allowed you would not have been able to print it at all.

It is possible, though, that the contents of the file are located on a non-printing layer, but the QR code is not.

It's very hard to say for sure without seeing the actual file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was protected and printing was not allowed you would not have been able to print it at all.

It is possible, though, that the contents of the file are located on a non-printing layer, but the QR code is not.

It's very hard to say for sure without seeing the actual file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right.  To get around it, I played around with print screen, capturing the pdf as an image and printing that.  I will call the

state when I have a chance this week.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try right clicking on it and save it as a jpeg?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines