Highlighted

Unable to play audio in pdf

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most up to date Adobe reader, flash, and quicktime player. I was able to play audio comments within a pdf before, but all of a sudden I can no longer do that. I keep getting an error message "Cannot find appropriate player for the sound." Please help!

Topics

Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to play audio in pdf

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most up to date Adobe reader, flash, and quicktime player. I was able to play audio comments within a pdf before, but all of a sudden I can no longer do that. I keep getting an error message "Cannot find appropriate player for the sound." Please help!

Topics

Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we have more information on exactly what versions "recent updates" is relative, also you do not say anything about your operating system or hardware. Windows 10? Catalina? In recent times Operating systems need to allow applications to access hardware components so there may be a security issue to resolve in your Operating System. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

++Adding to the discussion,

If  you're using the read out loud feature in Reader, make sure that the original PDF document  is converted to a supported sound format file such as .mp3

Also, if what you were using Adobe Acrobat (or any other software) to embedd just a sound file to the PDF using the insert rich media tool, ensure  that the sound file is also a supported sound format.

Such is the case if the original sound file is a MIDI file, it needs to be converted to .mp3 as well.

Review this guidance if needed: Using Rich Media 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the button tool and then then play sound option (in actions). It does not support MP3 like the sound tool in Rich Media. It only supports .aiff. It works fine when I open my mac with OS Mohave but not in my mac with Catalina. This is s seroius probelm becuase I have customers who use my PDF eBooks as a language learning tool. So there is either a probelm with Catalina or Adobe no longer supports teh play sound action withe bitton tool.  Care to comment.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem bith with audio commenting and buttons with sound. I use .aiff format for the audio. It works fine  on my macs without Catalina. No ones knows about why this is happening not even the experts.  You can add sound with the Rich Media function but the interface is aweful and the format needs to be in mp3. I hope they get it resolved soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess sticking to .mp3 or .wav files is the way to go.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly the same thing I'm going through. I have Catalina and the audio comments I get back on a pdf keep giving me that error message. Unfortunately I can't control the audio file type because I'm not the one creating the comments. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this support link you may find a few tips to work around the player issue and quality issues:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/rich-media.html 

In any case, see how the Adobe Media Encoder works for you. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/media-encoder.html 

It has a free trial so you can test with it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop mails de Adobe Support communaute.je ne veut pas adhéré à ce service.
Cordialement

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the button tool and then play sound option (in actions). It does not support MP3 like the sound tool in Rich Media. It only supports .aiff. It works fine when I open my mac with OS Mohave but not in my mac with OS Catalina. This is s seroius probelm becuase I have customers who use my PDF eBooks as a language learning tool. So there is either a problem with Catalina or Adobe no longer supports the play "paly sound action"  with the button tool.  I use Audition and have exported every possible format but none are supported in the button tool. This is also the case with the the comment tool when adding sound either by recording or adding .aiff file. Everthing works fine in OS Mohave. When will Adobe or Apple admit they screwed up and take responsibility. Maybe this will get fixed with future updates but in the meantime lots of frustration for Mac/Adobe users.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for any thoughts you have on this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the problem been solved? Because now i have the same problem i don't know how to do..

With regard

martina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share any errors that you might've encountered? any logs? or screenshots of what you're getting?

What operating system are you using and which version of Adobe Acrobat?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A90572ef8-a5d9-4ee8-a93a-c56f...  This is the screenshot of the error.

I've a MacOs Catalina 10.15.3 and i'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Version 2020.006.20034, I've installed Flash Player on by pc and i set it as unique app to play multimedial file on Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the problem persists!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is isolated to Macs runnning OS Catalina.I have another Mac with OS Mohave and no problems. And there is no probelm with PC's.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that's a problem! 

So we can only wait a new upload for Acrobat or Macs..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved?

For me this problem is severe as well, as I'm working with eLearning material as well.

Adobe support team - please give us some comments whether zou are workinhg on it... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like an easy fix. It would be nice to know if Adobe is planning on elminating some of the options for audio (sound) in Acrobat so we can look for other options if that is the case. They actually had better tools in rich media (sound) in Acrobat 9 where no chessy audio player popped up. I'm am considering dropping Acrobat.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're all waiting to see the future of multimedia after Flash Player shuts down the end of this year. I hope there will be some warning.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I dumped Adobe Acrobat and switched to Foxit Phanton which has all the tools and similar interface for audio and video. Even better than what Adobe had in the past. You can try it out free trial for 7 days to ry it out. https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-editor/ The subscription is cheaper as well for Foxit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem here. It's impossible to work on educational projects. Is there any solution than Adobe's one ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing everything with FOXIT PHANTOM I was able to do in Acrobat before I upgraded to my Mac to OS Catalina and all the bugs with audio started. It's also cheaper I found out. I'll come back to Adobe if they fix the bugs. Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Trending Issue & Solution
Edit PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC