• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to print pdfs from Brother printer

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Brother printer (MFC-J475DW) and am able to scan and print many document types (e.g. Microsoft Office programs), but cannot print pdfs. The printer just doesn't respond. I am on a Windows 7 computer and have updated my drivers and Adobe Reader. Can anyone provide me some pointers on how to get this to work? Brother won't help with this issue, as they say it is a problem with settings in Adobe. Help would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Hello!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to print any PDF file from the Brother printer, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

For testing purpose, turn off the Protected Mode in Adobe Reader and try printing from the printer, navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Uncheck "Enable Protected mode at startup", Protected View Off

No

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Thank you! It's crazy how much I have tried to fix this and print from MAC OS to my brother printer and your solution worked. I will do this from now on. adobe please figure this out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to print any PDF file from the Brother printer, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the troubleshooting steps from the following Adobe article Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

For testing purpose, turn off the Protected Mode in Adobe Reader and try printing from the printer, navigate to Edit>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>Uncheck "Enable Protected mode at startup", Protected View Off

Note: Turning off Protected mode is only for testing purpose, please turn it on back.

Make sure that you have the latest firmware/driver of the Brother printer installed. Also, the updates of the Operating system installed.

If the issue still persists, please share the following piece of information so that we can assist you in a better manner:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have tried all the above options mentioned by you but still can not print PDF's.

Printer- Brother 2360 Dw

Adobe reader DC version - 2020.009.20067

Please advise how to resolve this issue/.

Thanks

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to solve this? I'm having the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who is using a Mac, and not able to get it to print correctly no matter what you do using Adobe DC etc. I had the same issue and almost went out and bought a PC before I remembered, Macs now have intel processors. Why is that important? Go download Windows 10 Home ISO. You can get it from Microsoft, it's completely legal. Then go online and look up how to setup Bootcamp for Mac. It only takes 50 Gigs of space on your Mac, but you will be able to boot into Mac or PC. Then Download the Brothers drivers and install your printer on the Windows 10 Home and you are all set! I'm a Technical support engineer and almost sold my Mac until I thought of this. Pages print perfectly and only took an hour to configure. Also, you DO NOT have to activate the Windows 10 image. You will be pestered to activate it and limited on some areas of Windows but you CAN install Acrobat and the printer without issue. Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe - I too have a similar problem with my HP 6950, although printing PDFs worked fine until a few months ago. When I have a PDF, I can open it fine, but some docs either print very small (USPS shipping labels print the size of a business card), or a full size doc print sideways and half page, or when I click PRINT in the dialogue box, it instead wants to Save-As a .PRN file. The only way I can get these docs to print correctly is to open them in Google Chrome. I have the latest Win10 updates, HP software (2016), firmware, and Acrobat DC 20.009.20067.  What can I do? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question:  I have a Macbook pro (version 10.15.6) and a Brother MFC-9330CDW printer (downloaded the latest firmware).  I have no issues printing MS office documents.   But I have issues printing Adobe PDF files - the printer starts  but no document is printed .   Also, I have an HP printer that can print Adobe files easily.     I never had this problem until 4 - 5 months ago.   I have had the Brother printer for 3 years now.    do I need to change any settings that may have caused this change?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac also, have the exact printer as you, and just started having this same problem! Were you able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to download the PDF to my Mac and then print the document.   That works.  However, if you try to print the file from Chrome, my default browser, then it won't print.   other than you, noone else replied to my message.  I called Brother Technical Support and they told me the issue is with Adobe.  I thought that was a poor excuse.  My rebuttal was this is your responsibility.    EVERYONE prints PDF files on your printer.  Then I got busy and have not called Adobe.     sorry....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Book Pro 16 running Big Sur 11.1. My printer is the Brother DCP-L2550 DW. It is configured to print either WiFi or through USB cable. Each method shows up as a separate printer in my printing dialogue. Going through the USB cable, Adobe prints just fine. But Adobe documents will NOT print through the WiFi configuration. So, come on, Adobe and Brother: talk to one another and FIX this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a recent similar issue when printing pdfs from Chrome and Edge and probably any other browser using either my usb connected HL-5440D mono laser or my LAN connected MFC-L9550CDW colour laser printer. If I power up my computer before the printers pdfs will usually not print, however when I turn on the printers first I can print off a few pdfs before the failure to print occurs. When the problem presents you can open windows printers and devices and select either printer and successfully print a test page meaning the documents are spooling to the HD document processor. However, the docs do not appear in the Brother document print queue. It suggests Adobe is blocking or cancelling the document. I noticed you can access the active printer from the system tray, however when right clicking the printer it now opens printers and devices and not the Brother print queue like it normally does. Please help resolve this issue, thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It suggests Adobe is blocking or cancelling the document.

By @Robertk108

If you are opening / reading PDF files in either Chrome or Edge, absolutely no Adobe software is involved at all. These browsers, for better or worse, have their own PDF renderers.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback Dov. Can you suggest a cause and solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to contact Brother about this. There may be a printer driver issue. Also, if you are on Windows 10, there was a faulty Windows update this month that affected some printing. A subsequent update allegedly fixed the problem. You might want to see if Windows 10 Update & Security settings has an update available for you. Otherwise check and see if there are any updated Brother printer drivers.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue of not printing PDF's from a Brother printer been resolved? This problem with me has only started in the last few weeks, no known updates on my computer or printer. So I don't know what to do to fix the issue. Can you let me know how, please.

Cheers,

Fraser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have described my problem exactly. Ill check back here. i hope someone can point us toward some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I can print many pdfs from my iMAC with latest iOS, then there are other pdf's that act to start to print and then nothing,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I've found is to open the file with Google Chrome and print from there. Something with Adobe security is blocking direct print. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have a Brother HL-L2350DW and cannot print directly from Adobe. Opening the PDF in Crome and printing is a viable work around. If anyone has a found a permanent fix, please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a MacBook Pro and encountered the same problem... another workaround--> downloaded a free app called "PDF Expert" and I can print from there. Clearly the issue is between Brother and Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be helpful for Mac users. In Preferences > Security (Enhanced) , I unchecked "Enable Enhanced Security" and then successfully printed a PDF from within Acrobat.

I then checked "Enable Enhanced Security" to re-enable it, then checked the "Automatically trust documents with valid certification" checkbox, then checked "Add Host" and typed "localhost" in the host name popup and saved it. This tells Acrobat to trust PDFs coming from the computer itself.

After adding this exception, local printing from Acrobat now works fine. I have an HL-L2350DW, btw; not that I think that really matters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Mac, open the document in the Apple Preview app and print from there. It works at least on Mac OS Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's crazy how much I have tried to fix this and print from MAC OS to my brother printer and your solution worked. I will do this from now on. adobe please figure this out! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a MacBook Pro 16 (2019) running Sonoma 14.3.1. I have the latest versions of Acrobat and Reader. The latter prints just fine. But a few weeks ago Acrobat refused to print pdfs and continues to refuse. This suggested use of Apple Preview is a dynamite alternative to Reader, but . . . come on Adobe: you make plenty of money off us; how about make sure your products work for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines