Highlighted

Undo Button?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and there is no Undo button anywhere.  I went looking for it after I accidentally deleted all of the text I had spent a good amount of time typing previously!  I then typed into the original box my text was in "Text deleted "

I came to this forum and tried the Ctrl + Z function and it only seemed to work on the most recent edit.  So, it "Undid" the typed "Text deleted".  I selected Ctrl + Z again, and nothing showed up.  I tried it several times.

Any help please?

[Adding your question to some random discussion really doesn't work]

[Moved from Premiere Pro video editing to the Reader forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

The Edit menu is where menus normally are. On the Mac, top line above everything else. On Windows, below the window title bar. Menus have become unfashionable, but the core functions are still there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Undo Button?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and there is no Undo button anywhere.  I went looking for it after I accidentally deleted all of the text I had spent a good amount of time typing previously!  I then typed into the original box my text was in "Text deleted "

I came to this forum and tried the Ctrl + Z function and it only seemed to work on the most recent edit.  So, it "Undid" the typed "Text deleted".  I selected Ctrl + Z again, and nothing showed up.  I tried it several times.

Any help please?

[Adding your question to some random discussion really doesn't work]

[Moved from Premiere Pro video editing to the Reader forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

The Edit menu is where menus normally are. On the Mac, top line above everything else. On Windows, below the window title bar. Menus have become unfashionable, but the core functions are still there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Z is a feature of MS Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undo is on the Edit menu. That's the standard place. Buttons are optional.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2017 1
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Edit menu? I see Edit on the Toolbar, but it is not there. I see "Edit PDF," but undo is not an option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - you click on "Edit" but there is no "undo".  Adobe could make this much, much easier with say an undo reverse arrow or such.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE Adobe would you just make an "undo" button so it is front and center?  I click on Edit...but there is no "undo" anywhere I can find. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first item under the Edit menu. Do you not see it there? If not, what application are you using, including the exact version number, and on what OS?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the line / ribbon / whatever they call it -- where the print icon is and right click, you will get a drop down menu with several options. Go to "SHOW EDIT TOOLS" which includes "undo" and "redo".  Spent forever trying to figure this out! and I've used Adobe for YEARS.  Shouldn't be this freaking hard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Edit menu:

Bild1.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!!!  All these "experts" including so-called Most Valuable Participants and Community Professionals respond to a question about the Undo Button with answers about the Menu.  Completely different things.  The only useful answer (i.e., talking about Buttons) is by someone who is 'New Here' (mkmarl01).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point here is that people seem to be looking for an undo button but don't know that there is an undo menu. Which, despite what you say, does exactly the same thing. What's the big deal about clicking on a menu? Is it really so uncool these days?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the undo menu? Why does Adobe hide it, or make it difficult to
find?

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find Undo in the Edit menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was already shown in a screen shot. Here it is again

Untitled.png

If your screen doesn't have the Acrobat icon in the window bar, and the File, Edit, View, Window, Help menus, then you presumably aren't using Acrobat Reader DC, and the answers weren't applicable to you. If you believe you ARE using this, trade a screen shot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0