• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why do i get "PCL XL error" and" illegal attributes" but document will not print?.

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to print a PDF document which is displayed on the screen the result is a blank sheet of paper with a message in the top left hand corner saying "PCL XL error" and "subsystem: IMAGE" and Error: "illegalAttributeValue", it also informs "Operator:ReadImage" and "Position:16". how do I correct these messages so that I can print the document I am viewing?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Hi ,

Please refer the following link once and see if that fixes the issue.

PCL XL Error (Print Production)

Also tell the OS and Acrobat version your are working on.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please refer the following link once and see if that fixes the issue.

PCL XL Error (Print Production)

Also tell the OS and Acrobat version your are working on.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with an old PDF file that a consultant had compiled from a 4-color print project.

I opened the PDF in Illustrator to examine the elements within the file. The background image had saved as "non-native elements" I deleted these (they should have saved as images) and replaced the font for extra measure then resaved as a PDF and was able to print again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One of this cause could be the document format; try printing to a file then print the file to the printer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines