• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is saving so laborious?!

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In I think all other programs, when I make changes to a document and click "save" - it saves the document. In Acrobat:

• It opens its own special dedicated dialogue box asking you where you want to save it
  • Then it opens the location in windows explorer
  • Then you have to click the save button
  • Then Adobe asks you if you're sure you want to overwrite a file

4 clicks for what should be done in one. Why is that? And what is the difference between "save" and "save as" if "save" still asks you for a file name and panicks if you enter the old one? Is there a setting somewhere that tells Acrobat "save - means just save" and "save as - means I want to save as a different file, so please warn me if I'm going to overwrite the old one"?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not "all" other programs. Acrobat's save seems to be modelled on Microsoft's idea of how Save should be, and use in Word and all the other Office apps. No, I don't like it at all either.

When Protected mode is on (this is your choice) and you open files by double clicking rather than the File menu, normal Save is disabled and is indeed the same as Save as. Suggest you use File > Open instead. Or turn off protected mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name. Where do I enable / disable protected mode.
Thanks for the suggested solution. It might save the clicks on saving, but as a tradeoff requires more clicks for opening lol.
Thanks again!

[Edited by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please do not reply by email, as it includes a long signature with your full contact details... I've removed it from your previous reply.

You can find it under Edit (or the Reader menu on a Mac) - Preferences - Security (Enhanced).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines