• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 shutdown problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC open with a document (that I have not changed) and try to shutdown Win 10 it usually says that Adobe is preventing shutdown.

If I cancel the shutdown and close adobe I am not asked to save anything and when I retry the shutdown it works fine.

If I force Win10 to shutdown I get a brief flash which I think is indicating Adobe is trying to access an invalid instruction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Hello Dave,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once, then close all the Adobe Process from Task Manager.

Reset Adobe Reader Preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the Preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Make sure that you have all the updates related to OS is installed. Also, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

For test

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once, then close all the Adobe Process from Task Manager.

Reset Adobe Reader Preferences once and reboot the machine, to reset the Preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Make sure that you have all the updates related to OS is installed. Also, check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

For testing purpose, please disable Adobe Reader from Start-up items and reboot the machine. For steps, you can refer to Adobe article Disable startup items, services | Windows

If the issue still persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader, reboot the machine Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Then install Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

[Edited Response]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first part did not help, but the clean and re-install seems to have solved the problem - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are the following reason

• Windows Update
  • Fast startup
  • Windows System Files
  • Unwanted running applications
  • Other issues that need recovery
  • The taskbar isn’t working (Click here Windows 10 Support to find the solution for this one). And we are here to give a solution for each of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines