• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fill and Sign: how to change add a signature

New Here ,
May 20, 2016 May 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, im trying to sign a formulary i just created. Im trying to use a different signature from the ones i regulary use however i dont see the option anywhere. Neither in acrobat nor in Adobe fill and sign or Adobe Sign

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Hi antonioa84467839 ,

Would like to inform that you may add new signature on a document using Fill & Sign option .

On clicking 'Sign' option it will show your previously used signatures, On clicking the '-' sign will bring the option for 'Add Signature'

using which you may place sew signature in the document.

Refer to this article :  Using Acrobat Reader DC Fill & Sign

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2016 May 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi antonioa84467839 ,

Would like to inform that you may add new signature on a document using Fill & Sign option .

On clicking 'Sign' option it will show your previously used signatures, On clicking the '-' sign will bring the option for 'Add Signature'

using which you may place sew signature in the document.

Refer to this article :  Using Acrobat Reader DC Fill & Sign

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the '-' sign next to the previously used signatures does nothing. Right clicking does nothing. I cannot remove or edit my previously used signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too! It just appeared a few days ago, and I've been driving myself nuts over it.

I tried repair installing, clean installing, installing a previous version, and no dice. It's bad enough that we can't save multiple signatures, but it is literally broken now that we can't even swap out signatures. Or, for that matter, if I make a typo for my signature, now I am stuck with it until the end of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC and then deleted all the Adobe\Acrobat related folders in my app_data folders.  (Local, LocalLow, Roaming)

This has the effect of allowing me to put in new signatures. However, the '-' button still doesn't work. So I can't remove my signatures again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check to see if I can find a particular file associated with the signatures. This way we can at least delete and create new signatures without reinstalling until Adobe creates a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news Ben! I found the files associated with the signatures & initials. It seems like there are 3 files in total; if any one of them are deleted, it will erase both the signature and initials that you have saved.

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initials

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initialsi

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initialsk

If you have the Fill & Sign applet open when you delete the files, you will simply need to close the tool (or switch to another one) and reopen. No need to even close Acrobat.

I think it will just automatically overwrite all 3 even if you delete one, as they will all have the same datemodified after recreating them. I created a quick script for my users that deletes all of them, just in case.

Now we just have to wait for Adobe to address their button not working. Not holding my breath for that one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great piece of advice peeters31644761

Many thanks for taking the time to post it.

It appears that this signature / initials thing is a bit of an issue in Acrobat. Users can add two signatures or initials from scanned images but there is no way to delete them, other than the way you have outlined.

Ive just deleted my signature and initials from a work laptop thanks to your advice.

Adobe - can you take a look at this issue please? We are now in 2020 and it is still impossible to remove signatures / initials from Acrobat as the grey "-" key doesn't work.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for all the advices. 
I followed them all but I simply cannot find the folder in my PC.

This is really annoying, because actually I cannot delete one of the two signature I have loaded.

Adobe, please solve the problem, it's a very unpleasant issue.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Nicola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble.

Could you please let us know Acrobat and OS version on the machine?

Also, let us know what happens when you try to remove the signature or initials from the application.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

I have the same issue and i am using windows10 pro and acrobate pro dc V2020.013.20074

would love this to be fixed.

thanks

Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same issue, can't delete signatures I added or add new ones. Meenakshi--It's Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly this same problem, still, even after updating to the latest version, 23.003.20244. Unfortunately, deleting the file as suggested by peeters31644761 did not work. I'm on MacOS, so I just used the signing feature on Preview, which was good enough for my purposes. It's crazy that this probelm hasn't been fixed after four years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found another post that saved me, because as of Nov 2023 this still isn't fixed in the actual application. Luckily though, you can change it on the web here: https://cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign. Afterwards, you have to close the app and open it again and wait for it to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too! Thanks Lindsay33349369oykt. I just had to login online using the same email address as the app on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I have a headache trying so many times to chance the signatures, I solved it with your instructions, I'm very grateful. (your publication is from 2019, now, in 2022 we continue with the same problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @peeters31644761, this solution worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem. I'm using macOS Big Sur Version 11.1 and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.013.20074.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well, clicking on the "-" sign next to my already installed signature does nothing.  I cannot find a way in Adobe Acrobat DC to get rid of it or replace it.  I was able to use the method described here by Peeters31644761 (Thank you!) to delete the signature files in AppData...

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initials

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initialsi

%appdata%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security\acrobat_fss_signature_initialsk

And thank you to JimsonC for providing the full path to these files...

Located at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesnt solve the issue. Is there a possibility to add multipe signatures to the library? So that you can shoose from a list instead of a single signature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible solution to not being able to enter different signatures is, once you have successfully deleted the signature files as mentioned above by peeters31644761 and JohnnyD987, when you re-add your signature, simply uncheck the "Save signature" check box.
While this doesn't allow you to save multiple signatures and it may be a little annoying having to type in your own signature every time you need to sign something, by not saving the signature, it will allow you to enter any signature you wantAdobe - Save signature check box.png whenever you need to sign something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directive Yatharth provided here did NOT work for me more precisely, the "-" button does Nothing. no error message, nor any changes. Suspect this is full of bugs. same observation as benjamina87813352.

Also tried what peeters31644761 suggested. I can't even find the 3 files anywhere. My acrobat dc is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC. Search produced no security folders or signature files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I can't delete the fill and save signature from my profile. I use a shared work laptop and don't want my signature saved on there... can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find these files on Windows 10 here: 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Security

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.This is the only thing that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines