Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fill color for all shapes

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a single page PDF with lots of shapes scattered around. There are some textboxes above some of the shapes as well (hence I cannot use Ctrl+A). Is there anyway that I could select all shapes (not textboxes) and set their fill color?

This is what I am trying to achieve in one shot (if possible):

1.png

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

The annotations were added using Bluebeam Revu. Generally, Bluebeam is interoperable with Acrobat but these annotations are a bit odd. They use the IRT (In Reply To) Dictionary to group multiple annotations of different types into what appears to be a single annotation. Acrobat will display these properly but Acrobat JavaScript can only see each individual annotation. Additionally, in order to produce arcs, it looks like there are entries in the annotation dictionaries that are outside of the PD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible in Acrobat. This is something that needs to be done before the file is converted to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the symbols page content or are they annotations on the page. They look like annotations to me. If so, they're easy enough to replace with filled versions of the same annotation. Can you share the PDF? If so, I could tell you for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel Geraci , they are all annotations.

I couldn't attached sample PDF file to the post. You can download it from here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The annotations were added using Bluebeam Revu. Generally, Bluebeam is interoperable with Acrobat but these annotations are a bit odd. They use the IRT (In Reply To) Dictionary to group multiple annotations of different types into what appears to be a single annotation. Acrobat will display these properly but Acrobat JavaScript can only see each individual annotation. Additionally, in order to produce arcs, it looks like there are entries in the annotation dictionaries that are outside of the PDF specification. Unfortunately, this means you can't just look for an empty circle and replace it with a filled circle.

You might be able to fill the closed objects using a plugin but you can't do it with JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Joel_Geraci​

You are right. They are from Bluebeam symbol library (or what they call tool chest for what is worth) which I hate by the way !

We have another PDF software in our company named PDF Xchange Editor which is easily capable of doing what I want but I was hoping to automate this daunting task and skip the painful manual clicks. See video below which demonstrates what I am currently doing in PDF Xchange Editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines