• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to debug plugin in Visual Studio 2013?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the necessary steps as descripted in the Plugin Apps Developer Guide document to debug a plugin into Visual C++:

Specify the Acrobat plug-ins directory under the link | output tab in the Project settings dialog box.

● Specify the Acrobat or Adobe Reader executable under the executable for debug session in the Project settings dialog box.

● The first time you build a plug-in, do a Rebuild All.

● Set breakpoints in your source code by selecting the line and clicking the hand icon or pressing the F9 key.

● After setting breakpoints, press the F5 key to have Microsoft Visual Studio launch Acrobat or Adobe Reader.

However I received the following message when a press F5 key:

Capturar.PNG

Of course I don't have PDB file of Acrobat's executable. So what do I have to do? Other question, the plugin have a lot of callbacks, can VS handle that?

Thanks,

Rodrigo Gonçalves.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

‌Stop trying to launch Reader. Lauch Acrobat. Build plugins to the Acrobat plug_ins folder not Reader. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A plugin is not an application. It is a DLL. To debug a DLL, you must debug the application which loads the DLL. You must debug Acrobat.  *** The application you need to run is acrobat.exe.  ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding!

Actually Im develeoping plugin application that would be the completely Dll application.

you must debug the application which loads the DLL- How to Load dll?

You must debug Acrobat - How to debug?

How to debug that plugin appliaction.

please guide me clearly step wise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot develop any such thing. You can only develop plug-ins that are DLLs to be loaded by Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines