• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fillable PDF forms on Website - cross browser compatability

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created several fillabe PDF forms that work great when I just open them with Adobe Reader on my desktop.  I would like them to be available on our website but when they are opened in a web browser they are no longer fillable.  They just look like regular pdf files.  They also seem to operate differently across browsers.  There has to be a simple way to do this.  Does anyone have an example of how they've done this on another website?     Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

1.)  end user clicks link to open fillable pdf on website

2.)  pdf is opened in another window or browser

3.)   end user completes pdf form an clicks submit button on form

4.)  PDF is attached to email message and sent to pre-determined email address

Would also like to make sure this works on tablets and smart phones. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Embed API to create a consistent filling experience across all browsers and devices. I've put a working example here. The example doesn't actually send the form. Instead, it saves the file locally for demo purposes. However, in the function where I save the file, you can edit the code to POST the PDF as a Base64 encoded string to your server where it can be converted back to binary and attached to a new server-generated email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. Interesting to see that form. I have loads of forms but when I upload them using Embed API, the fields aren't live anymore. Is there extra code that needs adding or something else I'm missing? Many thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you completely bin the idea that email is a good way to submit. This is handy for testing, but not a live tool. You need to submit to an https server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the architecture I describe, they would be submitting to an HTTPS server that then in turn emails the form. There is no mechanism in Embed API to use "mailto:" as the submit button. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources