• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Errors trying to use the PDF embed API

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every possible combintion of domains when trying to us this API but it always fails with 

File preview not available

This application domain (https://survey.riccagroup.com) is not authorized to use the provided PDF Embed API Client ID.

The PDF preview will load for a split second and then this error comes up. The domains match and I have code right. Here is the code

var adobeDCView =
new AdobeDC.View({clientId: '28d6cc310c4d4d52b43dc1844572fe68', divId: 'adobe-dc-view'});
adobeDCView.previewFile({
content:{ location:
{ url: url}},
metaData:{fileName: "MedSurvey Check "+id+".pdf"}
},
{
embedMode: "SIZED_CONTAINER"
});

After it loads a call is made to https://viewlicense.adobe.io/viewsdklicense/jwt which then returns a 400 error and throws the error. It does not seem to matter where there PDF content is hosted, it just always throws a domain authorization error. I've tried multiple domains with the same result. Anyone else having issues with this?Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 12.50.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-20 at 12.56.25 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the allowed host value from the console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Raymond, here ya go

Mark24123541wunq_0-1650653794900.png

I was able to get it working but only after employeeing a workaround involving an iframe. In the process I learned the following.

The error occurs after the document is rendered and the embed API does an additional validation check when data from local storage is not yet being cached that would indicate the host and key are a valid combination. When I created a new HTML page on that host using the examples provided from Adobe the PDF viewer would work in the example page. After loading a PDF in the example page the local storage would get populated and my apps page would then start working. I found that if I cleared local storage after this test and went back to my app it would start failing again. This told me that the error had more to do with the embed API's compatibility with my app and not with domain allowed host value. I think this might be due to the fact that the app I am embedding into has some older JS libraries in there (prototype.js is the likely culprit). 

I was able to get it working by putting the content in an iframe where no other libraries are loaded except the Adobe embed API. This allows me to show it just like I was planning to but without dealing with whatever library incompatibility was happening. Although iframe isn't ideal it still gets the job done for this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's truly... interesting. Is this online where I can easily see and try to replicate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No its an internal app. I could  create a  private link for you however if you messge me directly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can email me direct at jedimaster@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources