• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of function when upgrading to non-legacy PDF viewer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received an email from adobe stating I "MUST transition over to the new modern PDF viewer within 10 days".

Unfortunately, I am using the In-line embed mode, and in-line embed mode for the new PDF viewer does not work properly.

In-line embed mode for PDF Embed API does not allow text to be highlighted, copied, or for links to clickable (even on Adobe's own example page):

https://documentservices.adobe.com/view-sdk-demo/index.html#/view/SIZED_CONTAINER/Bodea%20Brochure.p...

Trying to select any text just results in a blue border around the pdf ... no text is able to be selected, and no links work. 

I need this function to work (otherwise, the pdfs are just images)

The legacy PDF viewer works properly in inline embed mode, which is why I am continuing to use it.

The new PDF viewer used to work, but in december something changed, and this functionality was lost. 

Every other embed mode (Full WindowSized ContainerLightbox) still allows for text selection and linking, the in-line embed mode used to allow for this, and the older (main.js) version of the script for in-line embed mode still allows for this.

The function does not work regardless of operating system or browser. 

Will the in-line embed mode for the new viewer be fixed before we need to switch to it?

Has anyone figured out a way of getting this to work?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , PDF Embed API

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have said the old one will be turned off. Nothing was said about fixing any bugs first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I posted this issue as well, and even provided a fix for it. It's literarily one line of CSS to fix.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-services-api-discussions/adobe-preview-api-full-screen-elemen...

Let's try escalating to someone at Adobe. @Sumona Ghosh or @Raymond Camden 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently reported a similar issue with the mode. I'm going to update the internal ticket about this. I can't promise a resolution before the ten days, but I'll push.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

I tried calling Adobe support and spoke with Acrobat support for a few hours (there didn't seem to be a support team for document services). They were unable to help, so I really appreciate the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the link click thing I knew about. Updated the bug report about text selection and copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering has confirmed the issues. I still can't speak to an ETA, but it's going through the process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates regarding the issue with unclickable links in in_line mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. When we do an update, our release notes will reflect it, and I'll typically post a note here to let folks know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we still seem to be waiting for the update, the legacy viewer seems to still be working at the moment, so that is my band-aid solution at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the Legacy viewer is going to stop working very soon, like today I believe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dear. I wonder why they would remove the legacy viewer before fixing the broken non-legacy viewer. 

Does anyone know of another pdf viewer that allows in-line style pdf displays that I can use until the new adobe one is fixed?

(My sites depend on the ability to use links, and the almost 4 months that adobe's solution hasn't been working doesn't inspire confidence that the fix will come soon) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any hope about clickable links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope to have updates for you soon. I'm sorry - I'm not able to share more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any good news, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources