• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF extract api (table)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the extract API for PDF tables to export to an Excel file (pdfservices-node-sdk 3.2.0). In the same PDF file, there are 4 identical tables, but when exporting, only 2 tables are extracted. What factors could be affecting the export of tables? How can I adjust to achieve the best results?

Tun3456692039on_0-1705975618337.png

Only the table highlighted in red is successfully exported to Excel.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis my file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an AI. The code to do the page segmentation can be off when deciding if something is a figure vs a table vs. text. Honestly, given the proximity to the drawings above the tables, I'd have thought that the bottom two tables would get read and not the top 2.

Unfortunately, there are no "knobs" to turn to get better results but with your permission, I can send your file to engineering to train for this sort of thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thanks you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tun3456692039on_0-1706066515475.png

"There's a bit of confusion. More accurately, figures 2 and 4 have Excel table results, while figures 1 and 3 cannot generate an Excel file."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources