Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1920 Service Spooler failed to start on Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this error on notifications window for Acrobat Pro DC:

Error 1920 Service Print Spooler (Spooler) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I had not been able to print to Adobe PDF, but all other printers are working.

From online research I uninstalled Acrobat Pro DC to reinstall and see it that correct it, but towards the end of the install process, the same error came up and now the program won’t install. I retired installing as admin, same result.

I verified Print Spooler is running and it is and is set to Automatic. There are two dependencies -

HTTP Service

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

DCOM Server Process Launcher

RPC Endpoint Mapper 

I don’t see HTTP Service in the Services window. Remote Procedure Call, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and RPC Endpoint Mapper are running and type is Automatic.   I stopped and started Print Spooler, restarted computer. Retried install process, but error remains.

I am running Windows 10. Can't get Adobe re-installed and fix error. Please advise.

Arley

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

if you have no other acrobat and no other subscription programs, clean with both:

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

follow these steps (updating for your os), Error 1920: "Service Print Spooler (Spooler) failed to start..." when installing Adobe Creative Suite 4 or Point Product…

or contact adobe support.  i you want that link, is your acrobat a subscription or a classic licens

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have no other acrobat and no other subscription programs, clean with both:

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

follow these steps (updating for your os), Error 1920: "Service Print Spooler (Spooler) failed to start..." when installing Adobe Creative Suit...

or contact adobe support.  i you want that link, is your acrobat a subscription or a classic license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was resolved. User permission privilege issue. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem and i don't know how to fix.
I can't install or uninstall and if i click on the acrobat icon nothing happens! I work in a big company and nobady is able to fix it. I have to open pdf with chrome... 
Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow these steps:
W+R > services.msc > enter > now search for Print Spooler, just tap "P" and select this service > right click > properties > leave the settings in Automatic and Start the service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

restart the pc and try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines