Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

523 Error

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We recently pushed Adobe Acrobat Reader 2020.006.20034 to our users. Now whenever someone tries to use Internet Explorer to open a PDF link they get an error message "There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (523:523)". I've tried shutting off Protected Mode as I've seen in other posts but that doesn't help. The only thing that seems to work is turning off the Adobe PDF Reader Add-On to force the PDF to open in Acrobat instead of the browser. Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

It seems that the Internet Explorer is acting as the default program to handle the PDF files association.

Try by making IE  the default web browser (not MS Edge), and set Adobe Acrobat as the default PDF handler/viewer (sometimes MS Edge will take the PDF ownership back). 

You can disable MS Edge, and install the new MS Edge which is  Chrome based browser and works great with the Adobe Acrobat extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using MS Windows10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry yes. Windows 10. Doesn't matter which version (we have some on v1809, 1903, and I'm on 1909)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the Internet Explorer is acting as the default program to handle the PDF files association.

Try by making IE  the default web browser (not MS Edge), and set Adobe Acrobat as the default PDF handler/viewer (sometimes MS Edge will take the PDF ownership back). 

You can disable MS Edge, and install the new MS Edge which is  Chrome based browser and works great with the Adobe Acrobat extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I had Chrome as my default web browser. Changed it to IE and it worked. Then even after I changed it back to Chrome it still works fine in IE. We haven't deployed the new MS Edge to anyone but IT Staff yet.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1: Check Cloudflare Status.
Solution 2: Use Google DNS.
Solution 3: Disable or Uninstall Third-Party Firewall Temporarily.

Greetings,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines