• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC (2015) won't install on my Windows 10 computer

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old Windows 7 Ultimate computer died on me, so I had to get a new computer, and this computer is running Windows 10 Professional.  I had Adobe Acrobat DC Standard (2015) installed on my old computer, so I tried to install it on this computer and it won't install.  All I get when I try to install it is a window that says, "Installing Adobe Acrobat DC", and that's it.  Nothing happens, it just keeps saying that it's installing the program.  I have tried to install it running as an administrator, I have tried to install it in Safe Mode, I have turned off my anti-virus software, but it never installs.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arthurm,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to install Acrobat Standard DC on your Windows 10 machine, is that correct?

Try running the installer in compatibility mode by right-clicking the installer > Properties > Compatibility tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode for > and select Windows 7 > Apply and check if that works.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion Shivam, but that didn't work either.  I am out of ideas as to how to get Windows 10 to install this program.  I need this program, which is why I bought it in the first place, and I need to find a way to get it to install.

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Art,

Could you try canceling the installation, restart your system, close all the Adobe processes from the task manager & again try to install Acrobat DC and check if that works.

If that doesn't work enable the hidden admin account & then try to install Acrobat DC, once you have installed it make sure you disable the hidden admin account.

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines