• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Extension Missing in Firefox

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) build, as well as the current version of Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067) on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.  For some reason, there are no visible Acrobat DC extensions in Firefox (i.e. the print to PDF type functionality).

I studied the following Help page, which seems relatively current: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/create-pdf-extension-firefox-upgraded.html).  However, it is not helpful because the extension simply does not appear at all inside Firefox (impossible to enable it via this advice if it is not there to begin with).  I tried "repairing" the Acrobat DC install via that function inside Acrobat DC, which did not work.  I next uninstalled Acrobat DC and reinstalled it.  This also did nothing.

There appears to be no formally listed Adobe Acrobat DC extensions in the Firefox extension repository either.  What is going on here?  Is Adobe behind on supporting this extension?  Does it still exist?  Or am I having an installation or compatibility problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

To All:

I have found a semi workaround to resolve this issue. Please test it yourselves before using. I did the following steps in Firefox with Adobe 2017 installed on a Windows 10 machine:

1. I clicked on: Open Menu

2. Clicked on: Add-ons

3. Clicked on: Tools for All Add-ons

4. Clicked on: Install Add-ons From File

5. Navigated to the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn

6. Clicked on the file: adobe_acrobat-1.0-windows.xpi

The rest is pretty self expl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Sorry to keep you waiting. Did you manage to find the solution or still struggling to get the Acrobat extension enabled?

The help article you have found is definitely the most recent one and has correct steps mentioned in it.

Below are the steps mentioned in the help article. I believe you have already tried them-

1. Click the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner.
  2. Choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab opens.
  3. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
  4. Select the Adobe Acrobat add-on you want to enable.
  5. Click the Enable button.

You must reboot your system after enabling the extension. If it still doesn't help, then help us with the screenshots of Firefox extensions list and settings appears there.

If non of the steps works, then use cleaner tool to remove the Acrobat: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  and reinstall it after rebooting system.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and I don't think you are reading the problem correcting. There is no extension visible in firefox, so we cannot follow the steps to enable it. It simply doesn't show up at all, so it cannot be selected and enabled. Is there perhaps a place on adobe's site where the extension to be downloaded? or is it actually necessary to nuke the whole installation of Acrobat just to resurface this add-on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Definitely didn't understand the issue. Searching for the extension does no good. It simply isn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem and haven't been able to find anything anywhere to resolve it. Very frustrating. If you've found a soulution would you please share, would greatly appreciate it.

PS - I love the useless response you received, clearly someone was on "auto pilot" and didn't bother to read your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear AkanchhaS --

Below are screenshots you requested that show the Adobe PDF Creator (and any other Adobe product) are not included in the current Firefox build add-ons, extensions (disabled or otherwise) or in the customize menu. 

Please see everyone else's comments after yours.  We would appreciate if Adobe would work with Firefox to provide a satisfactory security certificate (a problem with the add-on and extension in the past) and a current, working extension for its Adobe PDF creator extension for Firefox. 

As a person who has a paid DC account, I would like to have full functionality of my purchased Adobe DC licensed product. 

Thanks very much for your attention to this matter. 

Firefox Add-Ons & Extensions -- Adobe PDF Create not there.jpgFirefox Customization Tool -- Adobe PDF Create not there.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work because the extension is completely missing. There is no add-on for this available in the add-on manager. There is no extension to enable because it simply is not there. There's no add-on to add from Firefox's extensions, either, even when I do a search for it. I cannot enable something that isn't there to begin with, i.e., there is nothing there to enable. There is nothing there to drag anywhere. It is simply not there at all. Anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The Adobe Extension simply is no where in Firefox to choose. You guys need to post the extension file on the site so we could point Firefox to it. That is the only way this will be resolved. I am using Adobe 2017 and when I changed my computer the extension simply does not appear in FireFox.

Please respond faster, as people rely on your software quite a bit for everyday business!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore, I have gone through all the steps I have found in Adobe and Firefox communities to no avail. I have spent hours on this issue and it is still unresolved!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To All:

I have found a semi workaround to resolve this issue. Please test it yourselves before using. I did the following steps in Firefox with Adobe 2017 installed on a Windows 10 machine:

1. I clicked on: Open Menu

2. Clicked on: Add-ons

3. Clicked on: Tools for All Add-ons

4. Clicked on: Install Add-ons From File

5. Navigated to the following path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn

6. Clicked on the file: adobe_acrobat-1.0-windows.xpi

The rest is pretty self explanatory.

Again I just did it and have not tested this fully to see if it does a complete conversion of the website I need to convert to PDF.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting an actual solution. I hope Adobe hires you for that display of efficacy. ^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching for 5 hours, this finally fixed the missing Adobe Acrobat Foxfire brower extension!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, alcompco, for the explicit steps -- they allowed me to get the Firefox extension installed, although my steps were very slightly different.

The following worked with Firefox 89.0 and Acrobat DC (Version: 21.5.20048.436468) on Windows 10 Version 21H1:

1. Click the "hamburger menu" in the upper right of the Firefox window
  2. Click "Add-ons and Themes"
  3. Click the gear menu to the right of  "Manage Your Extensions"
  4. Click "Install Add-on From File..."
  5. Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Browser\WCFirefoxExtn\WebExtn\signed_extn
  6. Select adobe_acrobat-1.0-windows.xpi and follow the prompts.

After closing and restarting Firefox, the Adobe extension appears to be working as expected.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I don't even have that file on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating Firefox from v94 to v95, the Acrobat DC extension disappeared from my browser. After following your clear instructions, it now works perfectly. Thank you very much for posting the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved, Thanks for sharing the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius! This worked! Thanks so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines