Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - Using Page Labels in Header or Footer

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Part of my job is making and using PDF bundles of documents. There are strict rules in place about these e-bundles. They need to have, amongst other things, the documents collated into sections that are identified as A, B, etc. Each section is a certain type of document, i.e., forms, statements, documents, spreadsheets, and so on. The page numbering has to restart in each section, i.e., A1, B1, C1, etc. For page numbering the page labels have to reflect the page number. So if you have page A1, the page label has to be A1 so that whoever gets the bundle can put A1 in the page number box at the top and it will go to that page. If the person is then directed to page G70, they type in G70 and it goes to page G70. At the moment, I can paginate these sections with no problem. I then have to through each section and apply page labels. I then have to check that they match up. For small bundles, this is not a problem but sometimes deal with bundles with thousands of pages. One last week was 9989 pages and with sections A to V (22 sections). It took hours! Is there any way I can set the page label and then insert that page label as the page number either as a header or footer? I am using Adobe Acrobat DC on a Mac (macOS Big Sur).

Any help on this would be great!

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an answer to this question?

It would be helpful to have a way to use the page labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at the tool here:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/File-Name-Stamper-Action-Description.cfm

It could be modified to perform the specific task you want. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a (paid-for) tool that allows you to insert the pages labels as header or footer text (as well as many other things) to all the pages in the files automatically. You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-advanced-add-header-footer-text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines