• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC: create PDF 2.0

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the option to create documents as pdf 2.0.

Isn't it possible in Release DC 19.012.20040?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

No. Although PDF 2.0 features and support are being incrementally added “under the hood,” no current version of Acrobat fully supports PDF 2.0 and especially not PDF 2.0 creation.

At this particular point, there is virtually nothing in the commercial world that fully supports use of PDF 2.0-exclusive features.

This will likely change in the second half of 2020 when the following events occur:

• ISO publishes ISO 32000-2:2020, an update to the original PDF 2.0 specification.

• ISO publishes th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Although PDF 2.0 features and support are being incrementally added “under the hood,” no current version of Acrobat fully supports PDF 2.0 and especially not PDF 2.0 creation.

At this particular point, there is virtually nothing in the commercial world that fully supports use of PDF 2.0-exclusive features.

This will likely change in the second half of 2020 when the following events occur:

• ISO publishes ISO 32000-2:2020, an update to the original PDF 2.0 specification.

• ISO publishes the PDF/X-6 (prepress/printing) and PDF/A-4 (achiving) PDF subset specifications which are both dependent on ISO 32000-2:2020 as well as publication of PDF of the PDF/VT-3 (variable data publishing) PDF specification layered on PDF/X-6.

At that time, I believe you will see PDF 2.0 support become mainstream.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your detailed respons. That ist good to know....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - December 5, 2020

2020 has been a rough year for everybody, including those of us in the ISO standards development community. Nonetheless, I am thrilled to provide the following update to my posting earlier in this thread.

• ISO 32000-2:2020, an update to the original PDF 2.0 specification, has passed all committee votes and has been submitted to ISO for final editing and publication. I now expect to see publication within the next month or two at most.

• PDF/X-6 (prepress/printing), PDF/A-4 (achiving), and PDF/VT-3 (variable data publishing) PDF subset specifications have already been published by ISO at the end of November 2020. (You can purchase copies of those specifications from the ISO website!)

At this juncture, my belief is that you will see the release of applications generating PDF 2.0-exclusive features within the next 12 to 18 months, depending upon the feature complexities. (Some of the features, especially those related to per-page and/or per-object color management output intents and document parts may require very extensive re-architecting of major portions of some applications).

Stay tuned!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dov, i was hoping that you can give us a further information update? any news on Adobe's ability to create a 2.0 document in Acrobat DC yet?

Thx,

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Goldfinger100 What use cases do you have that require PDF 2.0?  We are looking to see which features of PDF 2.0 are important to our users and adopting them accordingly.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know about Goldfinger but my priorities would be to support all the embedded media types that ePUB and (Acrobat Reader) PDFs currently support -- principally video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@eyemou Acrobat DC has supported embedded media for almost 20 years now. 

Are you referring to perhaps our mobile or web clients?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if I recall correctly, PDFs have supported embedded video since mid-1990s (via Adobe's reader and only on PCs/Macs).Yet, if you want to distribute a packaged multimedia document to a wide spectrum of users on a variety of devices, ePUB, despite its (many) annoying drawbacks is still the only option. Would like to see that change but, if PDF 2.0 features are not more fully embraced by platforms/readers than PDF 1.x, it may remain mostly a convenient way to send around (otherwise printable) documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Acrobat DC has supported embedded media for almost 20 years now. "

Leonard_Rosenthol, yes, but 20 years ago it worked better than today.
Since the abandonment of Flash Player the multimedia support is minimalist.
We are still waiting for the possibility of playing sound or video that displays the control bars, this is a strong demand from users.

So I ask you, for the third time, whether or not Acrobat will ever be able to display the control bar when it plays a video. Because the two previous times you didn't answer me (see your Facebook).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines