Highlighted

Acrobat Read DC exporting to Powerpoint

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert a PDF to Powerpoint, containing images and text. I have previously done this and it worked perfectly but with the file I am using now (similar format and file size), the text isn't OCR and editible and some of the colours have changed.

Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Read DC exporting to Powerpoint

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to convert a PDF to Powerpoint, containing images and text. I have previously done this and it worked perfectly but with the file I am using now (similar format and file size), the text isn't OCR and editible and some of the colours have changed.

Has this happened to anyone else, does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that there is a "fix." PDF to Powerpoint conversion doesn't always work well. If the PDF document was originally a powerpoint presentation, and was prepared well, the conversion can work great. But the the PDF wasn't originally created in Powerpoint, and it wasn't prepared as well, the conversion won't be as smooth. This may explain why the OCR didn't work. Perhaps the raster images with the text weren't high resolution.

I just tried PDF to Powerpoint conversion and experienced similar results. The fonts are all changed and the result doesn't look quite the same. 

Think of PDF to PPT conversion as a starting point (more of a courtesy). The resulting document will likely need some massaging, but it will hopefully get you to a finished powerpooint faster than if you had to make it from scratch.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0