• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Subscription for iPad and Mac/PC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a single subscription that allows me to use Acrobat on my iPad and Mac/PC?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install Adobe Acrobat DC Pro on iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thanks for taking the time to reply, but that's not what I asked about. What I want to know (again) is: Is there a single subscription that allows me to use Acrobat on both my iPad and my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't use Adobe Acrobat DC Pro on the iPad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dont,

You can install Acrobat Pro DC on up to two different computers for your use only and they can be both Mac, both PC, or MC and PC. 

As far as your iPhone and Tablet go, no problem, you just install the latest Mobile version of Acrobat and you are good to go. One of the great features of this is you can read a long document on your computer to (say) page 82 (be sure you've saved that to the Acrobat Document Cloud), then open that same document on your iPad, and continue reading from page 82. So there's no issue with your request.

Simply, the Mobile vesions of Acrobat Pro are not affected by the two computer rule for the desktop release.

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.
I guess I’m just not making myself clear.

I need to create and edit Acrobat (PDF) files.
When I’m at home/office I use my Mac.
When I’m mobile I take my ipad with me.
I have a subscription for Acrobat on my Mac but it doesn’t seem to allow me to create/edit PDFs on the iPad.
(Conversely, I had a subscription on my iPad but it wouldn’t let me create/edit PDFs on my Mac.)
I’d like to know if there is a single subscription that will allow me to edit/create PDFs on both my iPad and my Mac.

Thanks,
Don

Sent from my amazing Cray XT5 iPad
(Typos by Siri)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geez, why did I ever go down this path?

This is NOT about "Reader".

Please, if you don't have an answer to the question, don't reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For iOS and Android is Adobe Acrobat not available, only Acrobat Reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don,

Now it makes a bit more sense from your statement about your wish to make and edit PDFs on your iPad/Phone.

There is no Acrobat Pro for mobile devices. You can do commenting, filling in forms (to a degree), and of course, reading. But editing, PDF creation (via Acrobat), etc. are functions that are in fact limited to desktop releases. 

Sorry for any confusion on our part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day

Thank you for the reply.

I also had the same question but just to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that just because I have an Acrobat Pro subscription for my Mac, it doesn't mean I can freely access the mobile version (Acrobat Reader) without getting another subcription on my itunes account? 

So I have to pay two subscriptions - one for my Mac and the other for my Ipad? There really no single subscription that allows me to access the app on both my Mac and Ipad (as Don had asked)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need only the subscription of Acrobat DC for Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bernd for your reply. 

What about my ipad?

To get the full features of the mobile Acrobat reader, doesn't that require another subscription? or can I use my Acrobat DC Pro subscription for my ipad too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need another subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don, 

I am in similar situation...Except this is a couple years later and now you can install Acrobat Pro on you iPad. I have the subscription to Acrobat Pro on my iPad and would like to use it on my Mac but cannot seem to figure out how. Please advise.

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Install Acrobat Pro on the Mac and sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen, it's about Reader. Or don't listen and give up, it's your choice.

1. An iPad can run only iPad software, not Mac software, and only from the Apple App Store.

2. The ONLY relevant software on iPad is the software called Acrobat Reader. There is no software called Acrobat Pro for the iPad.

3. The iPad version of Acrobat Reader CAN do limited editing that needs Acrobat Pro on a Mac. This depends on the type of subscription you have.

Now, please read the link you were sent about Acrobat Reader for iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines