Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error - while editing

Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add text to a pdf in edit mode in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.  This seems to work until I get to page six, when I get the popup "Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error" and I'm no longer able to edit my document.

How can I resolve this issue?  Has anyone else had this problem?  The whole point of purchase was to combine files into a pdf and be able to edit them.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things like this often are caused by a corrupt PDF file. What types of edit operations are you performing?

One thing I would try is to do a "File>Save As" before performing any edits. Does this result in an error message? If so, and if there is a numeric error code on the error dialog, hold down the Ctrl key when you click on the "OK" button on the error dialog. What does the second popup say? If you don't get an error, try to edit this newly saved document. Does it also cause a problem on page 6?

What happens when you try to extract just page 6 and save it in a new file? Can you then edit this page in the new file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi colleenb18275617,

We are sorry that you are facing such issue.

Can you provide  the following information so that we can narrow down the issue at our end:

• Acrobat Pro DC version that you are using at your end.
  • Screenshots of the error at your end.
  • Exact steps to reproduce the issue.
  • Is the issue reproducible on one file or on multiple files?

Looking forward to your cooperation.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines