Highlighted

Black backgrounds appearing when printing in color

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm not sure whether this is an issue with Adobe Acrobat or InDesign or neither, so I may crosspost this question.

I have created a brochure for a client, but when he tries to print it on his home computer, all of the transparent images from the brochure show up with black backgrounds. I used PNGs in RGB format originally (I had never had this issue before) so I replaced all of the transparents PNGs with transparent PDFs in CYMK format instead and the issue persists.

The odd thing is that when he prints the document in black and white, the black backgrounds do not show up, and the document looks fine. The issue only shows up when he prints in color.

The issue does NOT happen on my computer. I can print the document in color just fine with no issues. 

Here is a picture of the issue:

black boxes.PNG

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Black backgrounds appearing when printing in color

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm not sure whether this is an issue with Adobe Acrobat or InDesign or neither, so I may crosspost this question.

I have created a brochure for a client, but when he tries to print it on his home computer, all of the transparent images from the brochure show up with black backgrounds. I used PNGs in RGB format originally (I had never had this issue before) so I replaced all of the transparents PNGs with transparent PDFs in CYMK format instead and the issue persists.

The odd thing is that when he prints the document in black and white, the black backgrounds do not show up, and the document looks fine. The issue only shows up when he prints in color.

The issue does NOT happen on my computer. I can print the document in color just fine with no issues. 

Here is a picture of the issue:

black boxes.PNG

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hayley

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, all of the transparent images from the brochure show up with black backgrounds on printing.

Please take a look at the stepsprovided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/printing-color-pdfs-acrobat-pro.html ane see if that works for you.

Also, you may try to print the PDF as image. Go to Print > Advanced > Print as Image and see if that makes any difference.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks to me to be a print from a desktop inkjet printer. I suspect that his printer doesn't have the capability to deal with transpareency very well. Try exporting the a flattened PDF (Acrobat 5.0).

On a totally unrelated note, if you use Optical Margin alignment (in the InDesign Story panel) for the quotes in the blue bar on the left, your quotes will be outdented to the left just a touch and make those text blocks look a little tidier.

That may fix the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0