• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't convert scanned medical records into OCR files?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2,562 page hospital record that I need to make searchable. Usually these large files all convert to OCR ("Recognizable Text") like magic with Acrobat Pro DC with the enhanced scan tool. But this one only converted partially - the scanned material, like dictated operative notes or H&Ps remained as images, though the other material from nursing flowsheets, for instance, did convert to OCR, and headers and footers converted to OCR (like the hospital name at the top of the pages).

If I print out one of the records in question, like an op report, then re-scan it on my own scanner and save it as a digital PDF file, I can convert it entirely to OCR. But I don't want to have to do that with the entire file.

What's going on?

Thanks for any help.

WBD, MD

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wbdelong99,

You may visit these suggestions: Better PDF OCR. ClearScan is smaller, looks better   It might be possible those documents were not scanned with high DPI and that could lead to this issue.

Let us if you have further questions.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the issue you are facing. This usually happens if either document scanned with low DPI or partially OCRed.

Can you please share a sample document where you are facing this issue. It willhelp us to analyze the root cause.

You can use https://cloud.acrobat.com/send  to share the file.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines