Can't convert to PDF

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer convert a couple of JPG files into a PDF.  Yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled.  Yes I rebooted.  No, the JPG files are not corrupted.  I believe Adobe the software is.  I pay a monthly subscription fee and expect this stuff to work. Seriously? Am I the only one with this problem? 

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly happens. Pelase describe what you do and what happens. Please give any messages exactly. Also the version of Acrobat. Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most recent version 21.0 (according to Adobe)

I open the software and do the following:

Click

1. File

2. Create

3. Combine files into a single PDF

4. Add files

5. I select a couple of random JPG files from the HD to test; hit OPEN - this places them properly into Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit)

6. Click "Combine"

The software shows "not responding" for a few minutes then attempts conversion.  No luck.  I receive the following not helpful error message: "No PDF file was created because Adobe Acrobat encounterd an unidentified error"

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled/rebooted three times.

One day it worked, the next day it didn't.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++ Adding to the discussion,

Verify that when you're combining files in Acrobat that those image files are not opened in any other program(s).

That said, you mentioned copyong from the HD? Which hard drive?

Is it an external USB hard drive? A shared drive in that you are sharing with other users in a network domain? A mapped networked drive from another user in the same network?

If that is not the issue, and in any case, verify if the folder that you're uploading these image files from is not a shared folder in a between user accounts in the same computer, and also check if such folder has any type of restrictions (like read-only, for example).

Say, if that would be the case, see if manually copying the files to another folder in the desktop of the current user profile does the trick, which may allow you to remove any read-only attribute or even enable full control of the file.

Ensure that the folder where these files are saved in is not a cache, temporary, nor a roaming user profile folder.

In addition, you may also want to go to Edit -->>> Preferences --- "Convert to PDf"--->> JPEG--->>" and click on the "Edit Settings..." button.

Ensure that the Color Management settings for CMYK and Grayscale are "Off" and preserve embedded settings for "RGB" which is the default setting for this conversion from JPEG to PDF.

Last, also check in the Preferences--->> "Security (Enhanced)" and see if disabling "Enable Protected Mode at startup (Preview) does any difference or improves. 

On a side note, if you're on Microsoft Windows 10, you may also want to disable the "Preview Pane" or the "Details Pane" in the File Explorer.

As I read before here in the forums, viewing folder with the File Explorer like this may not fully release the file(s) to other programs and appear on a busy state.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines