• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can you rotate a comment text box

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in DC pro to place a comment text box and then rotate it?

Thanks,
Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Rotate the page, add the text box, and rotate the page back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotate the page, add the text box, and rotate the page back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BERND- your answer does not work. Please remove the CORRECT by your answer as it just wasted 30 minutes of my time and probably countless others people's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This absolutely does work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, indeed it does ! Works like a charm !  Not sure what you're doing BERND

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't select a rotation angle, right? If we have to do 90 or 180 and no custom rotation such as 30 deg, it will not work unless someone knows a way to customize the rotate degrees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

Currently, there is no option to rotate comments that you add in the PDF in Acrobat/ Reader.

However, you can use the workaround BerndAlheit mentioned above.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is horrendous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't it? This feature to rotate comments has been a long requested one and I have never seen any movement to actually implement something so BASIC and essential. I keep hoping now that everything from Adobe is subscription based we would see nice quality of life improvements but I fear this is just complacency, slapping on a few coats of fresh paint every once and a while to keep up the illusion that its not abandoned-ware....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most comments have a rotation gripper.  Some do not, but regardess, a text box can be rotated to any angle with a script.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your comment and may have to look into that script trick. I was just venting because in my trade (architect) text will often need to be vertical to align with a wall on a plan for comments/mark-ups. While some text frames/object do have those grips, many do not (again for comments). Thanks for the feedback though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom, I have entered text several ways - 

Text, Insert Text Box, and text callout. I don't see a grip to rotate any of these. Is there a different way we need to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thom, does adobe have a script that can be downloaded? Or is this something that you wrote on your own? Since I am script/macro/html INEPT, I guess that isn't an option for me. I also have to rotate text on certain lines. I don't see how to customize it to rotate the object, "text".  A visual gripper would be the best (for me) because I can modify it to match an angle that I need.  The blue arrow would be the direction the text needs to rotate.

Shannahguillory_0-1676320297494.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. It shouldn't be any major software re-write if they would add a custom degree option or let us drag to the angle we need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His workaround does not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI.... Rotating the page does not work!

The comment shapes from one document have coded memory or something. This is a majot pain in the butt and something so simple! ADOBE PLEASE FIX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me. Just did it. If you need help, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there..

Check my comment in this page. It might work for you!

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work off a set of dwgs - usually 12 to 20 ea. If you rotate one page, the others rotate also. I just want to be able to drag the comment into alignment angle, which in this case is roughly 60 deg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the free Acrobat Reader DC (Jan 2022), I've found that copying the text contents, and rotating the page (Control Shift Plus) and creating a new comment text box while rotated works. Control Shift minus to bring the page orientation back, providing the desired outcome. You can get this down super fast, especially if your commenting tools are already up on the screen while red-lining a document. Unfortunately, you can't just copy - rotate - paste the box. It'll stay in it's original orientation in that case.

I don't have the pro version so I can't comment on that directly. You also may find different results with different types of text editing. Regardless of all of it, imo the paid version is very expensive, and to not even have an easy rotation tool for the text is exactly the reason why I refuse to support this operation. The free competition is very easy to use, so for the paid version I would expect some incredible tools at the ready. Even a little copy/paste and print-to-pdf is all you need half the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed your solution works on Adobe Pro. Same as what Bernd Alheit said.

I rotated the page (ctrl shift plus), added a comment, then rotated back. The comment is now vertical.

CptOblivious_1-1651687561429.png

Usually this happens on accident when copying and pasting between different drawings. Now I might be able to actually fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a 90 degree situation, it works fine. I need other angles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there is. This is my way (using windows OS):

1. Export the PDF to image

2. Rotate the image using Photos application (built-in on windows OS)

3. Import the image to PDF using DC

4. Paste the comment on DC

Thank me later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an idea, Pujsatr. However it isn't really efficient time-wise when you have to do it often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines