• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catalina - Upgrade from Acrobat pro XI to Acrobat 2017 or other non-subscription based product

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have had the bad idea to upgrade my mac to catalina.

among other bad surprises i found out that my Adobe XI Pro no longer works.

i am not a fan of subscriptions so I am considering to upgrade to Acrobat Pro 2017.

clearly buying the full license at the hefty price of $499 is something that i could do without. However the "upgrade license option" at $199 seems to be available only to those upgrading from Acrobat Standard 2017,  Acrobat Standard DC or Acrobat Pro.

questions:

1. am I seeing this correctly ? (i.e. no reduced fee upgrade possible from Acrobat 11 to Acrobat pro 2017)

2. what are my options if i really do not want to go for a subscription based product?

3. is there stil a teacher / student program which would enable me to get a reasonably priced (non subscription) product? and which product would that be?

thx...

Giacomo

TOPICS
Cancel subscription , General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Correct, it is too late for a upgrade.

2. Buy Acrobat 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. I believe that the Educaltion license is only applicable to Acrobat DC, but contact Adobe directly (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html) to get a definite answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you all !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines