• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the default "Save" location in Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I change the default location for saving files in Acrobat X Pro? If I accidentally hit "Save" instead of "Save As", I cannot find the file by searching in Windows Explorer. It will show up in the recently opened file list but once I save other files and it drops off the list I can never find it again. I have Windows 7. Even when I write down the path, it doesn't work. It seems to save in some temporary internet folder, which is stupid.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

yes it is possible!

Go to Printers in Control panel

right click on "Adobe PDF " printer and go to "Printing preferences"

go to option of "Adobe PDF Output folder " select any folder you want

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not possible to change this setting. But you can see where a file is saved by going to File - Properties - Description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I suspected as much but good to know for sure so I can stop trying to figure it out. One of the quirks of Adobe, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default location is the Documents folder. What you can do is put a shortcut to your desired location in the Documents folder -- making it one click away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Bill@VT:  BRILLIANT!  Thank you. 

And equally inane is that it can't be changed.  What do these programmers do other than actually use the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The history of using My Documents as the default goes back to MS and the whole creation of the file structure they used by default. I am not sure if WORD has changed, but it used to be the same way (I can't about WORD since I use a different word processor). That does not help, but gives you some idea of how it got started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's helpful indeed, thank you.  Because understanding logic and thinking patterns behind design helps one improve and decipher these things.  I don't use MSWord either, I use Word Perfect and I LOVE it because in part, it is so easily customizable.  I have my default directory saved to the network drive so I don't have to poke around.  Your workaround is very helpful indeed.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am one of the few remaining WordPerfect users, as well. Because of business necessity, I also use Word. As far as ease of use and flexibility, WordPerfect is miles ahead of Word. You have to wonder if the MicroSofties ever actually spoke to an end user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2013 Sep 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill@VT that putting a shortcut in your "My Documents" folder is a huge time saver.

Another workaround is to print to PDF rather than saving the file.  Acrobat X Pro WILL remember the location of the last document that you printed to PDF, so this is great if you have tons of them to save to one location.  Downside is that, just like printing a hard copy, your only get the printed image, but no bookmarks, etc. so if you have to preserve those, go with the Shortcut option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is possible!

Go to Printers in Control panel

right click on "Adobe PDF " printer and go to "Printing preferences"

go to option of "Adobe PDF Output folder " select any folder you want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You Sir, is a genious... I've looked for this all over the system and it was there, right below my nose. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there ANY way to "Save As" "Last Location"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines