Highlighted

'Fill and Sign' not editable?

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm filling in mortgage application form for myself, obviously the company's pdf, not my design. Am using the 'Fill and Sign' option in Adobe Acrobat. I'm filling it in digitally so that if I need to make any changes, I can.

I save the form and come back to it later - I now can't edit the entries I was previously filling in? Surely there must be some way of doing this, otherwise I'd actually have been better using pen and paper, and the 'Fill and Sign' function actually isn't fit for purpose. If that's the case, I've just wasted approximately 4/5 hours of my life as several changes are required - I now need to start again.

If anyone has any solutions, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

'Fill and Sign' not editable?

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm filling in mortgage application form for myself, obviously the company's pdf, not my design. Am using the 'Fill and Sign' option in Adobe Acrobat. I'm filling it in digitally so that if I need to make any changes, I can.

I save the form and come back to it later - I now can't edit the entries I was previously filling in? Surely there must be some way of doing this, otherwise I'd actually have been better using pen and paper, and the 'Fill and Sign' function actually isn't fit for purpose. If that's the case, I've just wasted approximately 4/5 hours of my life as several changes are required - I now need to start again.

If anyone has any solutions, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks,

Ben

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 01, 2019 1
Guide ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you sign a form, and save it, it flattens the form fields, and they are no longer editable.

The entire point of signing a form is to ensure no more changes can be made later (which would be open to fraud and protect you from other illegal practices related to after-the-signing form edits).

Before signing, save a copy with the filled out form that is not signed, in case you need to edit later for a second version.

Will not help you in this case, though. You should be able to copy and paste text, though, into your new form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replied - but for some reason not in the reply box...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand that, and that there are security implications, but it's mainly the form fields that are the issue in my case - not the signing. Figures filled in need to be updated.

Surely as a signed in Adobe user, there must be a way of leaving the form fields open, even if it's only open to you as that user - or making the form editable but unable to be shared until the pdf is flattened. Sure there must be a way around it.

After a quick look, there seem to be lots of people affected by this, but no commitment to actually do anything about it. Just Adobe saying what happens... We know what happens, we'd like Adobe to do something.

What I will be doing is only re-doing the affected pages, deleting those with corrections and dragging them and dropping new pages from a blank form - so it's not quite starting again, but it's not easy.

Software functions really should be useful, and in this case, unfortunately it isn't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 01, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I HATE IT! Adobe is getting me really pissed off! Please fix this problem! I need Adobe Acrobat for school and with this problem frequently happening, it denies me to keep myself productive and it wastes some much useful time of me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0