Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font style changes automatically?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a problem with adobe, when I open the file the font style automatically changed to another bad style that annoying me because the new style has too much spaces between the letters. Anyone can help me?

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

There is no product named “adobe” – do you mean Acrobat?

Assuming that is the case, if a PDF file was created without the fonts being embedded, substitute fonts are used. Depending upon the original font's design and metrics, you can really end up with a mess on the screen and/or in print.

Best practice for producing PDF files is to always, repeat always, repeat yet again always embed fonts used in the original source document into the PDF file being produced. Otherwise, expect the symptoms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no product named “adobe” – do you mean Acrobat?

Assuming that is the case, if a PDF file was created without the fonts being embedded, substitute fonts are used. Depending upon the original font's design and metrics, you can really end up with a mess on the screen and/or in print.

Best practice for producing PDF files is to always, repeat always, repeat yet again always embed fonts used in the original source document into the PDF file being produced. Otherwise, expect the symptoms you are regrettably seeing. There is no “workaround” other than proper PDF file production.

PS:  Regrettably, the original PDF 1.0 specification allowed for (1) assuming that there were always certain base fonts available (4 faces of Helvetica, 4 faces of Times, 4 faces of Courier, Symbol, and ITC Zapf Dingbats) and (2) that any PDF Reader could use substitution fonts for anything else. With 20-20 hindsight, these were terrible decisions with regrettably, we can't “walk back” given the need for current PDF viewers to be able to open and display PDF from the earliest days of PDF.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines