• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I disable all fields with a submit button?

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I disable all fields on copies and sending an email using a submit button? Also hiding the buttons? How do i have the button automatically save a disabled copy with work order #?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

You need to:

1. Disable all fields

2. Submit the form

3. Enable all fields

This all needs to be done using a script, so the order of these steps can be controlled.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Seitzjhcepacair,

As per the description above, you want to disable all fields with a submit button in a PDF form, Is that correct?

This can be achieved by javascript, and you can refer to the following KB docs which discuss the similar scenario

How do I disable all fields when sending a pdf through the "submit a form" button? Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2149757

https://acrobatusers.com/forum/forms-livecycle-designer/disabling-all-buttons-one-submiting-button/

Disabling a submit form button in Adobe Acrobat DC? Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2199864

You may also refer to PDF form field properties, Adobe Acrobat

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the one that is going to reuse the form. I need to use it on the go. I want it to email a copy of completed form with fields disabled and buttons invisible to customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the suggestion and steps from the above shared KB links, and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is happening. I submit. And everything is still functional in the email copy and everything in my form becomes disabled and buttons are hidden. I want everything to remain constant on my form and everything disabled sent out. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. for (var i=0; i<this.numFields; i++) {   
  2.      var f = this.getField(this.getNthFieldName(i));   
  3.       if (f.type != "button") {   
  4.           f.readonly = true;   
  5.      }  
  6.      else
  7.           f.display = display.hidden; 
  8.      } 
  9. }  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to:

1. Disable all fields

2. Submit the form

3. Enable all fields

This all needs to be done using a script, so the order of these steps can be controlled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines