Highlighted

How do I draw a straight line in Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all other programs, the Shift key is used. How is this accomplished in Adobe Acrobat?

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I draw a straight line in Adobe Acrobat?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all other programs, the Shift key is used. How is this accomplished in Adobe Acrobat?

TOPICS
Comment review and collaborate PDF, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2016 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All lines are straight, by definition. I'm guessing that you mean lines that are parallel to the border of the page.

If that's the case, then it's the same as in those other applications. Just select the Line commenting tool and hold down Shift when using it. It will limit you to 45° intervals.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT DOES NOT WORK!!!

If I use "comment", select the line tool, hold down "shift" and attempt to draf a straight line, it DOES NOT WORK.

How do I get it to work? Acrobat XI worked so damn well. DC is cumbersome and slow and non-intuitive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution works for me. 

Another solution is to set the view to "snap to grid"  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And a circle is just a series of many straight lines, right?  Don't be obtuse.  I think all of us here know what it means to want to draw a damn straight line in graphic software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools | Comment | Drawing Tools (next to the paperclip 'attach files' icon).  Draw your line as you hold down your Shift key.  You can change the colour and thickness etc by viewing the Properties of the line (right click it, select Properties from the resulting short cut menu).

The Pencil icon (draw free form) is used for non straight lines.  

PS I know this is an old request but I suspected others may be lookinghere for a solution 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 2
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it simple!!!!

There is an alternative way for this situation. You can go to tools section, scroll down and find fill and sign. Touch it, you will have all the drawing tools, like straight line, etc..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0